Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,350,080 times

Advertisements

Dan, I will use you as a credible resource here since you are most familiar with Mr. Joe Pilchesky, the administrator of Scranton's most controversial political message board. I recently scoped out his forum out of sheer curiosity to hear what the Legion of Doom had to say about Tuesday's meeting, and to my alarm I saw a thread claiming that the Marquee Cinema was about to close its doors at the end of the week. Mr. Pilchesky maintained that he had insider information that led him to this conclusion, but then he replied with an "update" implying that the theater was under new management and is going to be given a major overhaul. Can you confirm or deny any of this? Will Downtown Scranton have a movie theater in a couple of weeks or not? What sorts of "upgrades" are planned? Will it involve tasering the cattle-like throngs of ghetto-trash punks that congregate around the place after dark?

P.S. Someone ought to tell Mr. Pilchesky that it is unwise to admit to a crime (theft) on a very highly-visible message board. For as much as people claim amazement at my candid persona in how much I reveal about myself, Mr. Pilchesky actually BRAGGED about stealing from the theater. Is he for real?!!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:46 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,636,066 times
I don't know if it's closing or not, but I like Cinemark on Montage Mt. better. The theaters are cleaner and bigger and you feel safer there, there isn't any ghetto trash hanging around there.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM

Yet another rumor on that forum. Is Molly Brannigan's moving out when Kildare's moves in? I really don't know what to believe about that site anymore.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:47 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,066,284 times
Whether you want to admit it or not Joe usually scoops the Times on stuff like this. I would tend to believe it. We'll see.

We never go to that theater because of the crowds outside at night. I would rather take my son to Cinemark instead.

I can say that I have not heard many good things about Molly's...Its pretty much past its 6 month window of fame and now has become just another scranton bar. Places like that carry alot of overhead and have to have a steady stream of traffic for it to be worth being there and I don't think that they have it and haven't had it for a while. It was dead last time I was down there, we walked over from the Radisson on a friday night and ended up walking right back to the Radisson.

This also goes for Kildares as well.....Strong out of the gate and then just another downtown bar. I give it 1 year.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,331,446 times
I was at Brannigan's once and wasn't happy with it so I never went back. The Lobby Lounge at the Radisson is an "old haunt" of mine and I'll have to start going back. The bar in the Hilton leaves a lot to be desired also. "Here's your drink, where's the money". There's no "atmosphere at the Hilton.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM

There is an article in today's rag about the situation between Marquee and the Steamtown Mall. Here is the link http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/01/16/news/sc_times_trib.20090116.a.pg3.tt16marquee_s1.223400 3_top6.txt (broken link)

Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM

203 posts, read 575,209 times
I have noticed the recent lack of maintenance.
I actually like going to Marquee...during the day. If I take the kids to the movies & know it will be dark when I come out, I go to Cinemark.

I do really like the free parking validation & absolutely love the free movies for kids in the summer. I was disappointed this past summer though when I saw busses from several large daycare centers pull up. It makes my experience much less enjoyable to fight the crowd to get to a seat & then I won't spend any money on "goodies" for a treat. I can't leave the kids in the seats alone & don't want to lose my seat just to get some popcorn.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Dan, I will use you as a credible resource here since you are most familiar with Mr. Joe Pilchesky, the administrator of Scranton's most controversial political message board. I recently scoped out his forum out of sheer curiosity to hear what the Legion of Doom had to say about Tuesday's meeting, and to my alarm I saw a thread claiming that the Marquee Cinema was about to close its doors at the end of the week. Mr. Pilchesky maintained that he had insider information that led him to this conclusion, but then he replied with an "update" implying that the theater was under new management and is going to be given a major overhaul. Can you confirm or deny any of this? Will Downtown Scranton have a movie theater in a couple of weeks or not? What sorts of "upgrades" are planned? Will it involve tasering the cattle-like throngs of ghetto-trash punks that congregate around the place after dark?

P.S. Someone ought to tell Mr. Pilchesky that it is unwise to admit to a crime (theft) on a very highly-visible message board. For as much as people claim amazement at my candid persona in how much I reveal about myself, Mr. Pilchesky actually BRAGGED about stealing from the theater. Is he for real?!!
I read that post on Doherty Deceit. It seems that Joe walked right in to the movie for free because no one was at the ticket booth and on the way out stole a movie promo poster off the wall. I'm not saying what he did was right, I guess he was pointing out how bad the management has got to let people come in and get free movies and posters.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I read that post on Doherty Deceit. It seems that Joe walked right in to the movie for free because no one was at the ticket booth and on the way out stole a movie promo poster off the wall. I'm not saying what he did was right, I guess he was pointing out how bad the management has got to let people come in and get free movies and posters.
Well that's what I'm saying. I don't normally "tattle" on others (contrary to popular belief), but all the owners of Marquee would have to do would be to check out Doherty Deceit, print off that message signed by Joe Pilchesky himself, and then petition the local law enforcement to obtain a warrant to search his home to retrieve their stolen poster. I suppose King's has instilled too firm of a moral compass within me to EVER consider doing something like that. Other than speeding on I-81 and having a few questionable hook-ups over the years I'm a regular goody-two-shoes otherwise. I don't think you should EVER feel "tempted" to do the wrong thing just because you know you won't be caught. I'm sure that couple from Bloomsburg thought the same thing with that large bank error as they fled to Florida to live the high life for a brief period of time before being apprehended.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,066,284 times
Thats if Joe ACTUALLY stole the poster. That pesky 4th amendment is tricky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania