U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM

256 posts, read 473,251 times

Advertisements

I guess this will be a Lowes to cover the Greater Pittston Area.
Construction Project Report - Lowe's

Title: Lowe's
Project Type: New Construction
Physical Address: Login Required. Click Here for a Free Password
City/County: Exeter, PA18643 (LuzerneCounty)

I don't have a password to log into this site
so I do not know exactly where this is going,
my best guess would be the old Wyoming Homes property.

Paul, maybe you know since you work for Lowes?

I wonder if Home Depot is still planned for the soon to be vacated Wal-mart in Pittston.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 PM

26,425 posts, read 46,662,052 times
I can definitely confirm for sure that both Home Depot and Lowe's have been actively-seeking to tap into the under served Greater Pittston marketplace (approximately 48,000 people by my estimations) for a few years now, but locating in Exeter is most certainly welcome news to me. It is also GOOD news if it's true, as I'll be able to transfer to a location much closer to my home! I presume when I'm required to ask customers for their phone number sometimes at the register this is done to help "track" where our customers are coming from in order to help our marketing department decide where the bulk of our customer base is coming from so that we can locate closer to them. Personally if it were up to me I would have opened a store in Dallas instead of Edwardsville, and instead of opening up in Exeter I'd open up in Pittston Township in the upcoming Pittston Crossings project (so I could walk to work!!!)

To answer your question in short, I had no idea we were even considering Exeter. It seems asinine when it's only about ten minutes north of the Edwardsville store, which is ten minutes west of the Wilkes-Barre Township store. Saturation, anyone?!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM

Mark my words. If Lowe's opens in Exeter, Home Depot will open in Dallas! Then in a few years when the stores have all cannibalized one another too much, a few will fail.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 AM

999 posts, read 2,214,728 times
I can't reveal my sources, but can tell you that there is definitely a Lowe's planned for Exeter.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,321,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I can definitely confirm for sure that both Home Depot and Lowe's have been actively-seeking to tap into the under served Greater Pittston marketplace (approximately 48,000 people by my estimations) for a few years now, but locating in Exeter is most certainly welcome news to me. It is also GOOD news if it's true, as I'll be able to transfer to a location much closer to my home! I presume when I'm required to ask customers for their phone number sometimes at the register this is done to help "track" where our customers are coming from in order to help our marketing department decide where the bulk of our customer base is coming from so that we can locate closer to them. Personally if it were up to me I would have opened a store in Dallas instead of Edwardsville, and instead of opening up in Exeter I'd open up in Pittston Township in the upcoming Pittston Crossings project (so I could walk to work!!!)

To answer your question in short, I had no idea we were even considering Exeter. It seems asinine when it's only about ten minutes north of the Edwardsville store, which is ten minutes west of the Wilkes-Barre Township store. Saturation, anyone?!
I would not be for opening a store in Dallas. We have a lovely local family owned hardware store that I DONT want to see closed I go to Lowes only if I can't find what I'm looking for at Dallas Hardware (which is rare). It would go under in a second if one of the big box stores moved in!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
I would not be for opening a store in Dallas. We have a lovely local family owned hardware store that I DONT want to see closed I go to Lowes only if I can't find what I'm looking for at Dallas Hardware (which is rare). It would go under in a second if one of the big box stores moved in!
I always support small businesses as well. When we don't carry an item a customer needs I never recommend Home Depot or Wal-Mart. I always recommend Vac-Way, Lehman Power Equipment, Pro Fix, R.J. Walker, Dallas Hardware, Penn State Seed, Dundee Gardens, Walter's Hardware, etc.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I can't reveal my sources, but can tell you that there is definitely a Lowe's planned for Exeter.
A Lowe's for Exeter and a Home Depot for Pittston Township? Interesting indeed. Soon you'll be able to hear a pin drop in all of these places once they fully cannibalize each other and tap the market dry! LOL!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM

999 posts, read 2,214,728 times
I don't know anything about Home Depot, just Lowe's.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 PM

915 posts, read 2,078,582 times
I like supporting your hometown stores. In Wyoming County most people will shop Gays in Tunkhannock. One wonderful reason is because if your looking for a 'part' that would fit your grandmothers grinder from 1927 ----- they have it !!!!!!!!!!!!! Great store !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania