Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
no address was mentioned,just a street....but there is a new rule in the tos that prohibits info not mentioned by the poster...

"Outing" users by revealing their address, phone number, or other information that they didn't themselves share on our forum is prohibited.
coartist88 "cut" that out of the thread at my own personal request. You old-timers will probably remember back in 2007 when a certain someone who operates another popular city message board, accompanied by a few of his "minions," swooped into our forum and temporarily caused political pandemonium. One even went so far as to use my real name (which at the time was part of my profile), cross-reference that with a sex offender data base, and copy-and-paste a mid-1990s charge against a relative of mine, mistaking it for being myself. Yac quickly picked up the broom and swept them all out, but I was IRATE, to say the least, that someone had attempted to tarnish my own reputation in such a fashion.

Dan is right. You do NOT know what people in this city are capable of when politics are at stake. I read the letter sent to Joanne Williams, a supporter of Mayor Doherty, who claimed she had been "threatened" for saying uplifting things about the state of the city a couple of weeks ago at a city council meeting. It did NOT list a specific threat, but it was very crude and juvenile, making MANY references to her obvious struggle with obesity. A "threat" can mean different things to different people in the heat of the moment. I don't think any attorney could have obtained that letter and have been willing to argue on her behalf, as there was only slander/insults, NOT "threats," but in any event that letter was FAR out-of-line. Besides, the obese in our country now outnumber we "fit" people. I'm very, very nice to overweight people so that they won't charge up the hill to my home and eat me if we ever run scarce on food in America! LOL!

From now on heed Mr. Coartist's words. NO mentioning last names, addresses, phone numbers, private documents, etc. on this forum. I'm not aware if that was a pre-existing condition in the terms of service or if that is now under review, but it's always better to err on the side of caution when so many loose cannons are involved.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
I believe something had happened with a poster that kept posting personal info of another poster...so it was revised...word to the wise..I would never
post my full name or any other personal info on here..you don't know who reads these forums...now it's in the TOS..

Old 02-05-2009, 10:08 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I, ScranBarre, hereby declare that I will pay $10 to each weluvpa and roxxy38 in exchange for them to embrace fondly for five seconds at our eventual forum meet-and-greet.
Now we're pimping out forum members?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Hey......... not to run this off ScranBarre's intentions.....I'll hug and smile for ten seconds for ten bucks!

Dan, I had a Carib and lime for you yesterday with lunch at Love Shack. I saved half of the jerk chicken wrap for you. Since I didn't see ya anywhere, I had it for a late snack. I was waiting up for my son......who was at Duffy's Love Shack. He went with a group of people around 9:00. He didn't get home until after 2 a.m., won't give me details, I wasn't happy, and it's probably best I don't know the details. We did get a call from him that he was somewhere near a place called "Beverly Hills"...a development somewhere between Red Hook and Frenchman's Reef. Oh, what a night.

We were all to go out for a 3/4 day fishing trip today. I begged off when I saw the boat yesterday. It is for serious fishing, and that's OK. I couldn't find the head. I guess it was there, but I'm too old for drywall buckets and towels. Plus, I'm at the point that I may have too much sun. (Sorry to everyone in NEPA about the sun thing.) I'm not burned, but I don't feel very well, and I'm a really deep tan. The charter business is called The Double Header. Do you know 'em?

I'm going to have my hair done instead. That's not how I'd normally make choices, but I suspect they have a head at the salon.

btw, ScranBarre, I'll hug trees for free...just as a warm up.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Now we're pimping out forum members?
As long as we're at it ashley19 is a GREAT hugger!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Obama's sounding a little hypocritical here. His statement is true, but it is inconsistent with his far-left-fringe views on abortion. Here's what he said:
"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being."
Politics News - Obama says faith shouldn't be used to divide (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20090205/Obama.Prayer.Breakfast/ - broken link)

I agree with that statement and believe than an unborn human being is about as innocent a being as you'll find on this earth.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM

Despite his views on abortion (which as a pro-life individual I most humbly disagree with him upon), I'm delighted with his performance thus far otherwise. He took a bold move by capping the salaries for executives at $500,000 if they had had received Federal assistance recently, with any additional incentives only being offered as stock in their own company. I agree with that wholeheartedly. In that sense of you want to rake in more than $500,000/year (Hell, I'd be happy around here with $40,000!), then it would behoove you to upright your company as swiftly as possible to increase the value of your stock to increase your own return on investment when you cash in those stock options you received in excess of your $500,000. President Obama is also a REALIST. He acknowledges that things are only going to get worse (unlike President Bush who painted a Pollyanna picture of the economic turmoils we were enduring that made him seem very out-of-touch with America).

Thus far he gets my nod of approval.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 02-05-2009 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Typographical Error

Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
I, ScranBarre, hereby declare that I will pay $10 to each weluvpa and roxxy38 in exchange for them to embrace fondly for five seconds at our eventual forum meet-and-greet. I'm aware that I have a number of enemies on this forum due to my leftist rants and undying hope that the S.S. Scranton won't sink after hitting the iceberg they called Mayor Doherty, but I don't want to see anyone trying to get under roxxy's skin too because she really hasn't done anything wrong to warrant any sort of backlash.

Do you two accept my challenge? $10 each to hug (and SMILE) for five seconds, along with me taking a picture of this to post on our forum to verify that it really DID happen (no photo-shopping allowed!)
Thank you for caring . I dont know what happened to Jcannon's original thread. It was moved and when I clicked on it I noticed that it was joined into this thread. I dont know why weluvpa wrote what he did but theres one thing I might add that I am not the type to be bullied. I will however not hold a grudge.

I dont come onto the political page too often because I dont really know much about the politics of Scranton/NEPA areas. What I do know is that everyone has their own opinion and some on this cite have to realize that everyones oppinion is different. As Coartist says "agree to disagree". So if anyone has anything negative to say about me or anyone else they should keep it to themselves but if you want to disagree about a topic you should be able to voice your opinions without anyone giving you a hard time. Play nice this is supposed to be fun not frustrating.

Best,
roxy

Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Despite his views on abortion (which as a pro-life individual I most humbly disagree with him upon), I'm delighted with his performance thus far otherwise. He took a bold move by capping the salaries for executives at $500,000 if they had had received Federal assistance recently, with any additional incentives only being offered as stock in their own company. I agree with that wholeheartedly. In that sense of you want to rake in more than $500,000/year (Hell, I'd be happy around here with $40,000!), then it would behoove you to upright your company as swiftly as possible to increase the value of your stock to increase your own return on investment when you cash in those stock options you received in excess of your $500,000. President Obama is also a REALIST. He acknowledges that things are only going to get worse (unlike President Bush who painted a Pollyanna picture of the economic turmoils we were enduring that made him seem very out-of-touch with America).

Thus far he gets my nod of approval.

I'll reserve judgement on the overall job being done by Obama for a while, but this "stimulus" bill reeks to me. Its seems riddled with useless spending without any real relief for taxpayers. Typical big-government democratic party, giving the money to other governmental bodies and special interests, rather than to the people.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey......... not to run this off ScranBarre's intentions.....I'll hug and smile for ten seconds for ten bucks!

Dan, I had a Carib and lime for you yesterday with lunch at Love Shack. I saved half of the jerk chicken wrap for you. Since I didn't see ya anywhere, I had it for a late snack. I was waiting up for my son......who was at Duffy's Love Shack. He went with a group of people around 9:00. He didn't get home until after 2 a.m., won't give me details, I wasn't happy, and it's probably best I don't know the details. We did get a call from him that he was somewhere near a place called "Beverly Hills"...a development somewhere between Red Hook and Frenchman's Reef. Oh, what a night.

We were all to go out for a 3/4 day fishing trip today. I begged off when I saw the boat yesterday. It is for serious fishing, and that's OK. I couldn't find the head. I guess it was there, but I'm too old for drywall buckets and towels. Plus, I'm at the point that I may have too much sun. (Sorry to everyone in NEPA about the sun thing.) I'm not burned, but I don't feel very well, and I'm a really deep tan. The charter business is called The Double Header. Do you know 'em?

I'm going to have my hair done instead. That's not how I'd normally make choices, but I suspect they have a head at the salon.

btw, ScranBarre, I'll hug trees for free...just as a warm up.
it's not just a political thread..it's an off topic chat thread...I moved the other thread to this one...so you can post off topic,subjects and interests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania