Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,059,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey......... not to run this off ScranBarre's intentions.....I'll hug and smile for ten seconds for ten bucks!

Dan, I had a Carib and lime for you yesterday with lunch at Love Shack. I saved half of the jerk chicken wrap for you. Since I didn't see ya anywhere, I had it for a late snack. I was waiting up for my son......who was at Duffy's Love Shack. He went with a group of people around 9:00. He didn't get home until after 2 a.m., won't give me details, I wasn't happy, and it's probably best I don't know the details. We did get a call from him that he was somewhere near a place called "Beverly Hills"...a development somewhere between Red Hook and Frenchman's Reef. Oh, what a night.

We were all to go out for a 3/4 day fishing trip today. I begged off when I saw the boat yesterday. It is for serious fishing, and that's OK. I couldn't find the head. I guess it was there, but I'm too old for drywall buckets and towels. Plus, I'm at the point that I may have too much sun. (Sorry to everyone in NEPA about the sun thing.) I'm not burned, but I don't feel very well, and I'm a really deep tan. The charter business is called The Double Header. Do you know 'em?

I'm going to have my hair done instead. That's not how I'd normally make choices, but I suspect they have a head at the salon.

btw, ScranBarre, I'll hug trees for free...just as a warm up.

Your joking right? You do realize that I have lived on St. Thomas in Mahgony Run for a while and am very well aware of the places you speak of........The Love Shack was nice but I prefered the VO Bar across the parking lot.

I worked on boats out of Red Hook and used to keep a 22' center console there to run across Pilsbury pound to St. Johns and Tortola and the Soggy Dollar.

Crash landing on St. Johns was my favorite place....

Double Header....Out of Sapphire Beach huh....Ya I used to know the owner of the resort Mr. Mueller, but they sold it and now they own Okemo and Crested Butte ski resorts in VT and Co. We ran into him in 2005 at Crested Butte and it was nice reunion. Its a small world, especially in the sportfishing community.....I'm a landlocked Captain here in NEPA and that lifestyle puts too much pressure on a family.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,569,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
it's not just a political thread..it's an off topic chat thread...I moved the other thread to this one...so you can post off topic,subjects and interests
Hehe, I think you meant to post this in response to roxxy, not rockky....I make the mistake too all the time with these two posters....my eyes play tricks on me

Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,112,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Hehe, I think you meant to post this in response to roxxy, not rockky....I make the mistake too all the time with these two posters....my eyes play tricks on me
yeah..your right...

Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 PM

703 posts, read 1,540,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'll reserve judgement on the overall job being done by Obama for a while, but this "stimulus" bill reeks to me. Its seems riddled with useless spending without any real relief for taxpayers. Typical big-government democratic party, giving the money to other governmental bodies and special interests, rather than to the people.
Incorrect.

(1) The so-called "useless spending" is designed to get us out of the recession and save millions of jobs, which it will do. The overwhelming bulk (something like 99%) of the bill does this.

(2) Republicans are making a mountain out of 1% of the bill. They are very good at doing that. Republicans are doing this because they know voters will punish Democrats at the polls in 2010 and beyond if the Republican successfully block the bill. It's kinda screwy, isn't it? But that's how these things work.

(3) Getting us out of the recession and saving jobs is the aim of this bill, so any argument that it doesn't help people is simply wrong-- unless you think recessions and unemployment somehow help people. You would be alone with that opinion.

We need to pass this bill.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM

703 posts, read 1,540,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Obama's sounding a little hypocritical here. His statement is true, but it is inconsistent with his far-left-fringe views on abortion.
"Far-left fringe views on abortion?"

Incorrect.

Obama's views on abortion closely align to the views of the majority of people in this country who support abortion rights. His views are firmly within the mainstream of American opinion on this issue. You should find more accurate ways of expressing your disagreement with President Obama.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
"Far-left fringe views on abortion?"

Incorrect.

Obama's views on abortion closely align to the views of the majority of people in this country who support abortion rights. His views are firmly within the mainstream of American opinion on this issue. You should find more accurate ways of expressing your disagreement with President Obama.
NO....I do not think a majority of people are in favor of Obama's views on abortion....especially not with his views of taxpayer-funded abortion, no parental notice, partial-birth abortion, etc. Many people may support legal abortion in certain circumstances, but Obama and his far-left ilk are extremists, they support no limits on abortion, forcing American taxpayers to pay for it, and forcing Catholic and other faith-based hospitals to perform abortions. That is not in line with a majority of Americans' thinking.

The only reason Obama won is that most Americans have just had it with George W. Bush (myself included). I think time will prove that Obama will not be a good president, and before long, most people won't be able to wait to get rid of him. I think he'll be a typical politician, and that all this "hope" and "change rhetoric is just a load of BS.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 PM

904 posts, read 2,046,562 times
I think you're wrong on the change rhetoric being BS, and on his being far left. He's already steering us away from some of the Bush PR/Foreign policy nightmares, and has brought in a bunch of economic centrists to deal with the recession. And he's being reasonably open, but is right to ignore Republicans' ploys for the same old trickle-down BS of the past.

He sure has his work cut out for him, as Bush really screwed the pooch. And the Republicans in Congress are so desperate after their loss of stature, they're going to try as hard as they can to make him fail without it seeming too overt. But, so far I'm impressed by his handling of it all.

But, it's very early....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,985,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Your joking right? You do realize that I have lived on St. Thomas in Mahgony Run for a while and am very well aware of the places you speak of........The Love Shack was nice but I prefered the VO Bar across the parking lot.

I worked on boats out of Red Hook and used to keep a 22' center console there to run across Pilsbury pound to St. Johns and Tortola and the Soggy Dollar.

Crash landing on St. Johns was my favorite place....

Double Header....Out of Sapphire Beach huh....Ya I used to know the owner of the resort Mr. Mueller, but they sold it and now they own Okemo and Crested Butte ski resorts in VT and Co. We ran into him in 2005 at Crested Butte and it was nice reunion. Its a small world, especially in the sportfishing community.....I'm a landlocked Captain here in NEPA and that lifestyle puts too much pressure on a family.
Dan, I knew you were very familiar with St. Thomas when you asked me to have a beer for ya at Duffy's Love Shack. I guess they were in town a few years back when they got hit by hurricane Marilyn. Then they moved out to Red Hook. The VO Bar across the parking lot??? I'll need to look for it. I didn't notice it. We may jump the car ferry to St. John tomorrow.

I think I recall you mentioning last year that you lived in the islands, but I didn't know details.

We had a nice dinner at The Toad and Tart a couple of weeks ago. I met the owner who is a regular poster on CDF. Very lovely lady!! We have an easy run to Iggie's and have had a light dinner there a couple of times. We had a lot of family here last week, and it worked great for the kids to play on the beach there at Bolongo when they got antzy.

Yep. The guys took the boat out of Sapphire Beach. They won't be back until after 7:00. They were goin' for tuna. If they catch anything they get to keep 20 pounds. All the rest stays with the boat....unless they pay the up charge for it.

This would, without a doubt, be a very different life style for a family.

OK....back to the politics....this just a diversion for a short time....sigh.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,299,688 times
Wait, now I'm confused. I wasn't aware that Bush was running last election, so if being sick of him is "the only reason" Obama won (because that statement indicates that voting for GWB's third term was the only other available option), then where does that leave "the only reason he won is because he's black" argument? Really, folks, you political experts need to tell me what I'm supposed to be believing here.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:21 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,059,246 times
The democrats could of had Donald Duck and Goofy on the ticket and they would have still won. Out of desperation for change our nation cut off its nose off to spite its face. I would love to know who the rocket scientist is that is doing Obamas vetting.

He would have won whether he was black or not and he would have won whether Bush could of run again. The color issue is what solidfied the victory with 98% of the minority vote and that making up 29% of the country it helped for sure.

He is just another politician with his own agenda.

Quote:
He's already steering us away from some of the Bush PR/Foreign policy nightmares, and has brought in a bunch of economic centrists to deal with the recession
Blip you realize that the recession started on the backend of the policies for housing market that were put in place by the democrats...remember it was Clinton that stated that every american should own a home. It takes longer then 8 years to screw a nation. Bush certainly did nothing to help any of it, but he is not responsible for the recession. I wouldn't have much faith in the big gov't democrat economic centrists either.

Which foriegn policy nightmares are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania