Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:38 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times

Advertisements

I'll copy mine directly from Facebook as well:

1) I have 6 cats. Two of them I trapped in a barn on my street; the other 4 were just really good salescats at various shelters

2) My husband and I moved to Dallas, PA in April, '08. We live on 8 acres, have a pond, and the next closest house is a 1/4 mile up the road...and we like it that way.

3) My dream vacation is a trip to Alaska to see the Northern Lights.

4) I've been skydiving.

5) I auditioned to be on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but failed the test. Luckily I brought along my father-in-law who did pass the test, and went on to win $50k on the show.

6) My most exciting job was as a Private Investigator. I loved working on cheating spouse cases, but mostly did surveillance for insurance fraud. I got to work with the FBI on counterfeit stings at flea markets, but I kind of felt guilty for chatting up the people working the stands (selling fake handbags, etc.), and then watching them get arrested based on info I provided. Especially because...now where was I gonna buy my next counterfeit Coach bag?!?! lol

7) I've been to Aruba, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexico, Dominican Republic, England, and various US states on my travels with the husband. Aruba was my favorite and I'd love to retire there.

8) I want to put the "Crazy" in "Crazy Cat Lady" and have my own cattery one day for old, unwanted cats so they can live out the rest of their lives in peace and comfort.

9) In Feb. 2007 I was on the Tyra Banks Show for some silly modeling contest. I lost, but it was a cool experience.

10) You can find me in the February 2005 issue of Marie Claire magazine in a godawful outfit the Editors picked out for me (white pants and blue polka dot shirt). Nicole Kidman was on the cover.

11) My choice for last meal would be a ribeye steak from Ruth's Chris with potatoes lyonnaise, and a slice of chocolate mousse pie from Arthur's steakhouse in Morris Plains, NJ.

12) I left New Jersey to get away from the crowded roads, overpriced housing, skyrocketing auto insurance rates, and political corruptness, only to find out that I moved to the most politically corrupt county (Luzerne) in all of PA......but I've got a great view!

13) I'm a supporter of our Second Amendment rights, and have a beautiful .357 with cherry grips that my husband had made just for me

14) Within the next year we will be adding a Newfoundland puppy to the family which will, soon there after, grow to be the size of a small bear (no kidding).

15) My husband and I are happily childfree.

16) I'm up by 5:30 every morning, and the cats wouldn't have it any other way....and truth be told, I'm a moring person

17) I quit smoking on July 4, 2008 and haven't looked back. I feel great....

18) ......but I have gained 10lbs as a result, which sucks! (but I'm working on that!)

19) I type over 90 wpm, and do transcription online for extra cash. Thank God for that little job.

20) My two greatest fears are: anything happening to my cats and; stair cases with empty space between each step (like deck stairs). I'll remain on solid ground and miss the party before climbing those babies!

21) I have to make sure the last bite of whatever it is I'm eating coincides with the last gulp of whatever it is I'm drinking.

22) I once fell off the runway at a L'Oreal hair show....I only wish there had been a camera present....

23) I also fell flat on my a** when I was announced into my own wedding reception...there *was* a camera present for that.

24) I started my own pet-sitting business, and secretly hope that one day I can quit my job in finance and do it full time (I guess that's no secret...)

25) I have grown to really enjoy driving my husband's F150 Ford Pickup, which I believe officially makes me a "hick" So be it!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
  1. I meditate at times in the dark while listening to Enya.
I've been told I have that soothing effect on people

Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Mine will be a straight copy from FaceBook, so apologies to those for whom this is a repeat...

25. I'm actually a shy person, though I play outgoing very well. I decided it was a role I was going to play sometime after my first divorce, and I've become well acquainted with the part.

24. I'm an ovo-lacto pescatarian. Which means I'm a vegetarian who consumes eggs, milk products and fish. I'm only pescatarian because I can't eat salad and pasta every time I go out to eat with friends!

23. I had the perfect job, but lost it and now am searching for it again.

22. I've learned, after two failed marriages, that being alone is not as lonely as being with someone who isn't really there with you.

21. I love to garden, especially growing my own veggies.

20. I still think bugs are cool. Dragonflies are my favorite now.

19. I'm going to get a dragonfly tattoo as a gift to myself when I get back down to a size 5.

18. I don't want kids, never have, and hopefully at this point in my life never will. I guess I'm too selfish and like my 'me' time.

17. I have very eclectic music tastes ranging from classical to country to whatever you'd call Kid Rock

16. My Gram rocks out to Kid Rock when she works out. Do I have the coolest Gram, or what?

15. I want to learn Italian and visit Sicily one day too see if I still have family there.

14. I think I have family involved in the mafia... I don't pursue that line of questioning though

13. I love my pj's and change almost as soon as I get home.

12. I hate seeing my feet, so very rarely wear open toed shoes. I love my cowboy boots. No foot to be seen there!

11. I love having my tushie rubbed - but only by certain people!!!

10. I have finally come to terms with my big butt and have come to look at is as a true asset (pun intended)

9. I shouldn't be allowed to name pets. I have a cat named Velcro and one named Squeak. The other two came with normal-ish names. I also have birds named Horny Harry and Fertile Myrtle.

8. My Mom is a crazy cat lady with around 40 cats at any one time!

7. I don't like jewelery. I missed that girly gene.

6. I have no freakin' clue how to do my hair in an updo. Or how to do 'going out' makeup.

5. I love the smell of horses.

4. I sometimes sit outside on my front step at 3am and watch the stars and listen to the sounds of the night.

3. I make some AWESOME veggie soups. I can cook, baby!

2. I taught my parrot to fart and burp.

1. I dream of being a farmer one day.
We have a lot in common...including the kids thing, the jewelry thing, the hair thing AND the big butt thing. We should totally hang out when you move out to PA! LOL!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:58 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
22. I've learned, after two failed marriages, that being alone is not as lonely as being with someone who isn't really there with you.
Tru dat!

Quote:
15. I want to learn Italian and visit Sicily one day too see if I still have family there.

14. I think I have family involved in the mafia... I don't pursue that line of questioning though
Just kill two birds with one stone and visit Pittston someday. We're 99.9% Italian-American, have a Sicilian neighborhood, AND have a mafia presence! Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom!

Quote:
11. I love having my tushie rubbed - but only by certain people!!!
Moi?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
12) I left New Jersey to get away from the crowded roads, overpriced housing, skyrocketing auto insurance rates, and political corruptness, only to find out that I moved to the most politically corrupt county (Luzerne) in all of PA......but I've got a great view!
Now, now, now! I'm sure 10% of those employed by Luzerne County are there for "legitimate" purposes! View of what? Hugo Selenski's house?!

Quote:
13) I'm a supporter of our Second Amendment rights, and have a beautiful .357 with cherry grips that my husband had made just for me
You sound like a match made in heaven for weluvpa!

Quote:
17) I quit smoking on July 4, 2008 and haven't looked back. I feel great....
Good job!

Quote:
20) My two greatest fears are: anything happening to my cats and; stair cases with empty space between each step (like deck stairs). I'll remain on solid ground and miss the party before climbing those babies!
I think I'm the only guy I know who routinely falls UP the stairs!

Quote:
25) I have grown to really enjoy driving my husband's F150 Ford Pickup, which I believe officially makes me a "hick" So be it!
A "hick" from the Back Mountain?! Naw. Soccer mom?! Yep!

Quote:
I've been told I have that soothing effect on people
Well when you start squawking I just have to rest my eyes for a bit to shake off my migraine!

Quote:
We have a lot in common...including the kids thing, the jewelry thing, the hair thing AND the big butt thing. We should totally hang out when you move out to PA! LOL!
Unfortunately, our buddy is moving to LANCASTER!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 AM

537 posts, read 1,332,011 times
Default Countdown...

I like the fact that you "counted down" to number one! I'm not good at these. These things that are shared via email, MySpace and Facebook remind me of the "slambooks" that we had as high scool students. Someone would set up a spiral notebook with a question on each page. Students would secretly answer all of the questions. Of course, you kept this hidden from teachers- hence the name. I was never very good at these. I could easily post 25 photos that are indicitive of my personality!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Default Here goes.....

25) I am extremely shy. (you'ld never know it from here!!) Some people mistake my shyness for snobbery.

24) I always fight for the "underdog". I hate prejudice in any form!!

23) My best subject in school was English grammar & they thought I'd become a writer!! (I didn't inject "y'alls" back then...)

22) My dad & I had a fist-fight when I was 16 'cause he wanted me to go out & become a sports star!! (yeah...picture it...)

21) I was always picked on in grade school 'cause I was fat.

20) I always thought I was ugly. (now I just make fun of the way I look...)

19) There are breast men, butt men...I'm a foot man & give the BEST foot massages!!

18) When I watch anything "emotional", good OR bad (even some news stories) I cry!!

17) When I was a year old, my parent's dog bit me in the face. (yep...that's what happened to my face...)

16) I have 3 "green thumbs". (well, I guess y'all kinda figured that one out...)

15) I have an aversion to loud people & will even walk away from them without excuse.

14) I have a very strong conscience. I couldn't cheat or lie if I tried!!

13) I won 1st prize in every talent competition I entered before I got into the music biz.

12) I taught myself to play music on an old flea market guitar that made my fingers bleed.

11) I am a "worrier"....I worry about EVERYTHING!!!!

10) I set my own personal standards so high that I find very few people who live up to them. Made it hard to make friends or do business dealings...

9) When I was younger, I had freckles. (thank God they disappeared...but now I'm getting "age spots"...)

8) In my 20's & 30's I had a 28" waist. (HOLY CRAP!! WHAT HAPPENED??!!)

7) I have always had a "crush" on Cher.

6) I still want to backpack Europe.

5) When I watch shows on ancient Egypt, I feel like I've "been" there before...

4) I used to oil paint.

3) I've met a lotta "famous" people & found out they burp & fart too!!

2) I can swing a sledge hammer like a pro, & chainsaw a big tree & make it fall the direction I want it to....

1) I learned to drive in Manhattan using a 13-passenger station wagon...I can parallel-park anything!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:46 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
This thread is unrelated to local matters..this is why we have the off topic sticky chat...this is being moved ...off topic sticky chat..

Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
I like the fact that you "counted down" to number one! I'm not good at these. These things that are shared via email, MySpace and Facebook remind me of the "slambooks" that we had as high scool students. Someone would set up a spiral notebook with a question on each page. Students would secretly answer all of the questions. Of course, you kept this hidden from teachers- hence the name. I was never very good at these. I could easily post 25 photos that are indicitive of my personality!
Go for it, that would be something different!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:20 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Unfortunately, our buddy is moving to LANCASTER!
It's not like it's a done deal yet, nor is Lancaster another country! I do love to drive and visit places. Especially to go hiking and see the scenery.

I still think we ought to set up a springtime/early summer hike and lunch. Those who would like to hike, can meet up to do the hike, then we can all meet up for lunch after with those that prefer not to hike.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:57 AM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
5. I love the smell of horses

lialleycat: Do you ride?? I certainly agree with your above statement! Everytime I turn my horse out I love to give him a hug and a sniff (as long as he's fairly clean anyway!) It's one of the things I really missed when I wasn't around horses for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania