Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Bishop Martino's Political Stances?
Yes (Why?) 6 26.09%
No (Why?) 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,112,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Mod cut for inapropriate language are you talking about? I didn't read all 68 pages of this thread. I have a life. I am debating this and if a mod has a problem let them talk to me about it. Report my posts along with the 10 others who have been posting on this subject.

And I LOVE how you people say that those of us who don't support raping men with broomsticks and mothers in front of their kids don't have any real life experience. What a joke.

God Bless America Indeed. We'll need it when other nations get sick of our double talking, lying, cowardly acts.
first off you need to chill out...all I did was agree with a post...what do you mean ..you people....

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-25-2009 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
OHHH

And one more thing? Please don't ever call me a hypocrite again. It's against TOS for one. Secondly? *I* didn't start this subject, dear. So perhaps you should go back, find the one who did and report them.

And learn to debate FACTS instead of waving your American icons all over the internet as if that means something.
I was not referring to you....so please...do not attack me...the american icons do mean something to me....but than again..I don't have to explain it to you....ALSO LEARN HOW TO ADDRESS PEOPLE...do not address me as if I where a child please...it's very rude indeed....
Oh...and one more thing..where you there on 911?....I was....so don't preach to me..please....
I am sure you are a very nice person but please do not disrespect me..as I will not disrespect you....

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/3.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 05-24-2009 at 09:35 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Retired Law:

Answer me these questions:

Why is it ok for us to condemn others for human rights violations when we participate in the very same violations?

Why is it ok for us to violate an agreement we signed with all other major countries of the world?

Why is it ok for us to hold SUSPECTED terrorists for YEARS without trial?

Do you honestly think these things are the AMERICAN way of doing things? Really?!
well..all I have to say is...have a great memorial day and don't forget to thank a veteran...people that gave their life...so we can enjoy freedoms...Oh and by the way I cannot reply because you are not suppose to discuss NATIONAL POLITICS IN THIS THREADI believe...that would be a violation of the TOS....and I don't want to violate the TOS...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND...

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/6.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 05-24-2009 at 09:17 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Actually Retired Law did. I have stated several times why my views are as they are. Far more indepth than the "they are terrorists, they must die" that I have seen.

The torture methods that have been used included the things I have said. I understand that the terrorists didn't treat us fairly. But too bad. We are supposed to be BETTER than them and we are supposed to give people a fair trial in American courts. We have signed the Geneva Conventions (there were four, not just one) where it has already been decided that terrorist suspects are protected by said deal.

I do not support abortion. And it is not hypocritical to be pro-choice any more than it is to be pro-life and support the death penalty. And that will be the end of my discussion on abortion. LOL
I did not call you a hipocrite...you must be paranoid..did I mention a name..please....don't try to bait me into you're issues....all I did was agree with a poster....so have a great day..and God bless you....

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/6.gif (broken link)

Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,445,453 times
I think we are all trying to defend our country...but in different ways...we are all different....not just a Strict left or right winger. I agree with an earlier post that if we let Patton go...no cold war and if continued our march to Baghdad in the first Gulf War , well let's say the world would be less complicated...lol....At the same time I think our reputation does matter in the world....but sometimes "ya gotta do what ya gotta do". I consider myself liberal but "the Patton" comment ...well some may think that is extremely right wing.We're gonna need to compromise at home if we are gonna beat the terrorists.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times
Quote:
I didn't read all 68 pages of this thread. I have a life.

I have to question you on the "I have a life" comment. You have 336 posts on city-data already and you've only been on here a couple of weeks...

Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,008,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I have to question you on the "I have a life" comment. You have 336 posts on city-data already and you've only been on here a couple of weeks...
I've been here less than 2yrs and have 16K+ posts

I accumulated those posts mainly through games but I havent been there in a long time. Leaving the gamers board gave me more time to do other things. The Gamers board is every addictive!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Oh so now only the people who were physically there can ever have a say on anything to do with terrorism?

How disrespectful to try and use your presence at the site of a disaster to somehow bolster your credibility....you have no idea what people who were there think of this situation or you wouldn't be saying such a thing.

And for someone who believe in such apple pie American values, you certainly do not value my right as an American to voice disagreement with my government.
yeah..whatever...agree to disagree and all that good stuff..I don't have to bolster my credibility...I was proud to help....as anyone that was there should be..I am not going to get into a big thing here..I don't have the patience....really...I respect everyones right of speech...agree to disagree..
so stop trying to bait me into nonsense.....everyone has a right to their opinion...

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/3.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 05-24-2009 at 11:19 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Retired Law:

You didn't say this:

UH,OH...I better be careful...you have someone that complains about.."extreme patriotic" sayings and such..as being too political and controversal,but yet they post
NATIONAL POLITICS ON A LOCAL POLTICS THREAD...Isn't that
being a hypocrite?....double standards to say the least...but..who cares what
any of these people that haven't had any real life experience have to say..
they just don't know any better....and GOD BLESS AMERICA...
It's a question....not referring to you....no names where mentioned....

Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times
Quote:
And one more thing? I think we can all agree that we spend time on this board for a reason. I spend time here because I enjoy discussing pertinent issues. And for those who say that these issues aren't local...all politics are local.

I won't bother to go and check your stats phillies, but you are on here quite a bit as well.

Hi Kettle, this is the Pot.
I did check the stats....I average 3 posts a day....you average 16.

Oh, and for someone who supposedly has "a life," you sure do get revved up about someone's opinions on an internet message board. Is it really a big deal that someone that you don't even know on a message board has an opinion differing from yours? Take a step back, and look how ridiculous it is to get so mad about something on an internet forum.

There's a saying about this: "arguing on the internet is like the special olympics....even if you win, you're still retarded."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania