Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times

Advertisements

This photo came up on ebay, thought it would be cool if the house was still standing today. I'd bet the current owner might want to know about it as well. No address given, so it's a long shot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
To me it looks like this home would be in either Green Ridge or The Hill.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times
It could really be anywhere. Looks a little flat for the hill, though, but lower Green Ridge or Tripp's Park could be a match.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Check back behind Market Street in North Side. Like Warren st, Beaumont ave. I used to ride my bike back there half the summer at my Grandma's house. Looks like one of those homes back there as well.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:07 PM

325 posts, read 806,464 times
It does look a little flat for the Hill, but on the other hand, it also looks familiar to me (and I'm from the Hill). If I were still there, I'd print out the picture and walk around looking for the house. If someone wants to check this out, they might want to imagine the house without a fence and with another house to its left. I'd start by looking around the Hill, especially N. Webster Ave. (But Green Ridge is another good bet.) Anyway, wherever this picture was taken, I like the horse (on the left of the picture) and the hitching post (in front of the house).

Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 PM

19 posts, read 73,357 times
Looks extremely similar to a house on the 600 block of Hyde Park Ave where I grew up in the 70's & 80's.

I just checked it on Google Maps (Street view) and I know that there was some work done on it in the past, since it looks slightly different than it did back in my day, but it still shows quite a resemblance to the picture you posted.

I have someone in mind that might be better able to determine if I'm possibly right. I'll let you know!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,744 times
Lets not forget most of the houses looked similar in the 70's !!! It also looks like my Grandmothers house in North Scranton !!! Like finding a needle ....

Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
OK you all know I am not yet "certified NEPA" but I have been looking at so many homes for over a year that I'm gonna give this one a shot.
It really looks like it could be in the western area - I THINK its called "Hyde Park" - near Schlager?
It also reminds me of a house I looked at on North Main Sans vinal siding and overgrown trees on the left side of the porch.I think it was 711 N.Main.
I love the "steeped in history" factor that is so present in Scranton!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:09 PM

203 posts, read 577,387 times
The problem that I've run into is that many houses in an area are made the same. On my block alone there are 3 or 4 houses that were exactly like mine (before one of the former owners changed it) and 2 exactly the same with just one house in between. It's very easy to find several identical houses.

It's a really pretty house though. I like the roof lines.

It's weird but the more I look at the house, the more it looks EXACTLY like my neighbor's house. Even the little bit of the house next door looks like the one in between her's & mine! She has a smaller house next to her now that was built much later than hers & would be on the empty side on the left of the photo.
Wow...I'm going to send her a link!
It's Watson St...hence my "name."

Last edited by WatsonWest; 02-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: wow!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,250 times
Default This is my house!

My neighbor sent me a link to look at the picture and it is definitely my house. the windows with the cut glass are covered but still intact. Any one who wants to compare can drive down the 1100 block of Watson. We're the 7th house on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania