U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 AM

10 posts, read 28,032 times

Advertisements

Hi, I don't post too much on here, but any help would be appreciated I grew up in the Wilkes Barre area, but currently live in NJ. I'm getting married on June 20 in Wilkes Barre. I purchased my dress in NJ months ago-it was actually the first one I tried on. It was exactly what I wanted, fit perfectly off the rack, and was a great price. It's currently being stored in PA at my parents house. I was going to take it back to NJ for alterations at the place I bought it from, but I honestly don't trust them and know they will charge alot more just from talking with them. There aren't any major alterations to be done-the front area just needs to be pulled in a little and fixed(due to my lack of chest lol). There is no lace or beading, so it's seems to be a relatively simple job. Can anyone recommend any good, decent-priced alterations stores around the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 AM

13,315 posts, read 13,948,517 times
Well don't go to the one in downtown Stroudsburg either........They over charge and are not pleasant. They talk through you and around you.........hummmm.........like your not there.
Costly, costly.......Way over what the price was as quoted.
( this being the one in the bridal store)
There is a regular alteration lady over by Lantermans( funeral home) who is reasonable......on that same street.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 PM

999 posts, read 2,238,505 times
There is a David's Bridal located at the Wyoming Valley Mall that does alterations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania