Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:35 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Crown Ave. I see the topic's already been discussed. South Scranton bad?

Don't think I want to live in the barrio.
I wouldn't want to live in the barrio either. Scranton has a slowly rising Hispanic population, but I wouldn't describe any neighborhood as a barrio. The city is going downhill and the Hispanics are not the principal reason, bad government is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I wouldn't want to live in the barrio either. Scranton has a slowly rising Hispanic population, but I wouldn't describe any neighborhood as a barrio. The city is going downhill and the Hispanics are not the principal reason, bad government is.
true---kudos for not focusing on a minority as the cause!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Jose and Carlos are beggars in Scranton, Pa. They beg in different areas of town.

Carlos begs for the same amount of time as Jose, but only collects about eight or nine dollars a day.

Jose bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills every day, he drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage-free house, and has a lot of money to spend.

"Hey, amigo," Carlos says to Jose, "I work just as long and hard as you do, so how come you bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills every day?

Jose says, "Look at your sign, what does it say?"

Carlo's sign reads; "I have no work, a wife and six kids to support."

"What's wrong with that?" Carlos asks him.

"No wonder you only get eight or nine dollars a day!"

Carlo's says, "Alright, what do your sign say?"

It reads, "I only need another ten dollars to get back to Mexico."

Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Jose and Carlos are beggars in Scranton, Pa. They beg in different areas of town.

Carlos begs for the same amount of time as Jose, but only collects about eight or nine dollars a day.

Jose bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills every day, he drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage-free house, and has a lot of money to spend.

"Hey, amigo," Carlos says to Jose, "I work just as long and hard as you do, so how come you bring home a suitcase full of ten dollar bills every day?

Jose says, "Look at your sign, what does it say?"

Carlo's sign reads; "I have no work, a wife and six kids to support."

"What's wrong with that?" Carlos asks him.

"No wonder you only get eight or nine dollars a day!"

Carlo's says, "Alright, what do your sign say?"

It reads, "I only need another ten dollars to get back to Mexico."

that's funny????

i would chose the "barrio" over some of the places i've seen up here!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
that's funny????

i would chose the "barrio" over some of the places i've seen up here!
I agree with you 100%. We have more hispanic immigrants here than up in your area of Scranton & they are the nicest, most honest, polite, God-fearing, family-oriented people you'ld ever want to meet!! I'll take them over the rude, obnoxious, selfish white people I meet on a day-to-day basis here any day!!

So, to those with a sarcastic sense of humor who are not "ultra-sensitive politically correct"....yes, that's funny 'cause it shows the very prejudicial mindset that we both are talking about.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
I agree with you 100%. We have more hispanic immigrants here than up in your area of Scranton & they are the nicest, most honest, polite, God-fearing, family-oriented people you'ld ever want to meet!! I'll take them over the rude, obnoxious, selfish white people I meet on a day-to-day basis here any day!!

So, to those with a sarcastic sense of humor who are not "ultra-sensitive politically correct"....yes, that's funny 'cause it shows the very prejudicial mindset that we both are talking about.
I guess your Hispanics down there are a better class of people than the ones up here.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Ed, how many "Hispanics" do you know?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
Let's not turn this into a racial thread.....................

Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Ed, how many "Hispanics" do you know?
Actually one, a Puerto Rican named Julio. He's a co-worker of mine.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 AM

159 posts, read 458,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-Nice View Post
There is trash from every race, but people like to stereotype an entire race of people. I bet nobody stops to think the condition of how these people are in and how did it get that way; Last time I checked nobody else but whites run this country. Wake up People! stop watching meaningless shows that you call for entertainment purposes. Read more, research more. Stop surrounding your entire life on material things. WAKE UP!

HUH? Last time I checked the President was black and so was the Governor of my state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania