Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,628,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Not a fan of Coldplay or Dave Matthews. Especially Dave Matthews. I DO NOT understand the hoopla over Dave Matthews Band. I think they suck big time.
I'm with you, both bands are extremely over-rated. They don't rock out enough for me and seem very boring.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,568,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Nevermind any of them, give me Toby Keith anyday!!!!!!!
Hek yeah! We saw him last year at Montage. I hope he comes back again this year!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:49 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Hek yeah! We saw him last year at Montage. I hope he comes back again this year!

Oh yea, me too, wasn't he the best? I love him, i don't think there is one song of his i don't like, he's just got the whole package.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM

172 posts, read 606,395 times
NEPA gets some of the BEST concerts! It's one of my favorite things about the area. I always check the concert listings and sometimes schedule my visits around the shows. Coldplay will be in in Alabama in May, too, so I won't miss out on this one. You guys get bands that don't play in Birmingham. AC/DC opened there. They played Dallas and Atlanta, but not B'ham. I'm terribly jealous. I only get up there a few times per year, not nearly enough. And it sucks that all my favorite bands are getting hip replacements. By the time I get around to seeing them in NEPA, they'll be on their way to that great gig in the sky

Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,248,988 times
I like The Killers. They are the only talented new band that I have heard in a while.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times
Well Coldplay has still sold well over 50,000,000 albums in the past decade, so obviously they're doing something right!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,783,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well Coldplay has still sold well over 50,000,000 albums in the past decade, so obviously they're doing something right!
Ya, the modeled themselves after Radio head Seriously though, they're a pretty decent band in my opinion, and I'd like to see them live someday. You guys are lucky getting them there in Scranton.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
You guys are lucky getting them there in Scranton.
I never understood how a city of 72,000 in an area of about 550,000 managed to market itself so much more effectively for entertainment purposes than cities and areas twice the size. As much as people in NEPA whine "I'm BORRRREEDDD," there's really a LOT to do here! Just pick up a free copy of a local Happenings Magazine sometime and read through their calendars of events. There's PLENTY to do! I'm really going to miss Scranton.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,628,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I never understood how a city of 72,000 in an area of about 550,000 managed to market itself so much more effectively for entertainment purposes than cities and areas twice the size. As much as people in NEPA whine "I'm BORRRREEDDD," there's really a LOT to do here! Just pick up a free copy of a local Happenings Magazine sometime and read through their calendars of events. There's PLENTY to do! I'm really going to miss Scranton.
Paul, I really don't think you're going to miss this area if you're somewhere doing something you like to do and are earning a decent living. I think Scranton will be just an afterthought.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,248,988 times
I have to agree. As much as I love our region and my city, I have to say that our region is at least twenty years behind the rest of the northeast. it does have alot of entertainment options for a region it's size, I think because we have two cities that contribute to that instead of just one city like most other smaller metro areas like ours but at the same time, this region has been dying since well before the demise of the coal industry, and hasn't had a gain in population in generations. There are no tall, modern looking buildings in our downtowns. It is a rust belt area with zero job growth and has been that way for many years. We are always either dead last in job growth or second to last in Pa. That is not good at all. There is good reason all our college grads leave. It is a good area to retire, or move to if you have children because we don't have the crime, traffic and other nuisances associated with big city living, I think most people living here are just getting by, and are to poor to leave. Very few people get rich and succeed in NEPA. If your retired or have no desire to better your lot in life its alright, but for a young college grad, I don't blame them one bit for leaving. There is no good jobs here unless you have the right connections. Most of the jobs here border on poverty level, or are below poverty level. It is a poor area especially our cities. If I didn't have children, I would definately move around and experience living in other cities/regions of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania