Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 AM

12 posts, read 46,547 times

Advertisements

I've heard horrible things about this community. Is it safe to visit for the weekend? I am not moving there or anything but would like to come for a couple of days. Is it really that bad? Will i be in danger?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Gosh, it is hard for someone to tell you " You will be safe" .......that question is a tough one.
There are people who live there and love it. I know two families who do. I think certain areas of PCP feel comfortable to many who live there. Different sections, and on the border areas...
Because of the stories that crop up over the years......I wouldn't personally feel safe.
I don't think I'd ride alone in my car in the evenings.
You know, when you hear stories of gun fire in the night, and drug deals......then why would one put themselves in the middle of that?
If you have made arrangements to go for the weekend.........I'd go though, for that short spell.
Just be aware of your surroundings, and at least be with others and not alone. IMHO

Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 PM

276 posts, read 678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoSearch View Post
I've heard horrible things about this community. Is it safe to visit for the weekend? I am not moving there or anything but would like to come for a couple of days. Is it really that bad? Will i be in danger?

Poppycock! You'll be safe. It isn't like this place is Newark or Camden, NJ for goodness sakes! Have a fun visit with your friends or family and don't worry yourself. But....and this is where I caution you and worry for your well being....when a guy named Bob comes to you with a fantastic real estate deal in PCP, run the other way, he's dangerous!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 PM

12 posts, read 46,547 times
Are you bob? Actually there is also a rental available in Arrowhead Lakes. I thought PCP was more centrally located than arrowhead. Is that correct? I just don't want to feel like we need to travel 1/2 to get to a supermarket or the outlets, etc. Usually when someone said 25 minutes in the Poconos it's like 45 min. We stayed at Pocono Ranchlands over the summer and that was just way to far into the community and Bushkill for my comfort.
Amy guidance is appreciated. thx.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Pcp is a 24 hr action packed place ,, Kinda like Harlem ,Just in the mountains .. and more guns

Old 04-07-2009, 07:53 PM

149 posts, read 636,399 times
Stay for the weekend, ask around...you'll get a feel for the place. Arowhead is a better choice, but further from the outlets. Are coming to the Poconos to shop or enjoy nature??? What is your reason for visiting?? You can be better helped if you have an agenda per your visit. What do you like to do??

Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Arrowhead is a better choice. Or to be by more stores and the Pocono shopping even try........
Emerald Lakes....

Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM

3 posts, read 24,391 times
Exclamation Is PCP a dangerous place

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosearch View Post
i've heard horrible things about this community. Is it safe to visit for the weekend? I am not moving there or anything but would like to come for a couple of days. Is it really that bad? Will i be in danger?

yes indeed this is a community with several issues surrounding safety.

Private community, lots of drug dealing & just plain old bad people.

There are probably a few nice people there, just have not seen any.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM

vISITING

Old 04-08-2009, 10:27 AM

VISITING A pOCONO cOUNTRY pLACE YOU WILL NOTICE THE MAJORITY OF THE HOUSES HAVE NO LANDSCAPING. THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR THE RESIDENTS.

YOU PROBABLY WON'T GET SHOT UNLESS YOU LOOK LIKE A FEDERAL AGENT.

CHECK OUT THE NUMBER OF HOMES ON THE MARKET. THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE ARE IN FORECLOSURE DUE TO PREDATORY LENDING OF GENE PERCUDANI. GENE TOPS THE LIST OF BUILDERS WHO'S CUSTOMERS HAVE FALLEN PREY.

MAYBE SOME DAY THE AUTHORITIES WILL CLEAN OUT THE SQUATTERS.

SORT OF LIKE A 2 STORY VERSION OF HARLEM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania