Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 AM

63 posts, read 133,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Should I KEEP LOOKING ponder ?

Gangs infiltrate Pennsylvania resort region - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2006-08-07-poconos-gangs_x.htm - broken link)

Gangster contagion spreads in Poconos | PoconoRecord.com

Seems your article is a bit dated, did a search to find a newer one for 2010, 2009, 2008 couldn't find any but did find one from 2007.

I would think in the past 3 yrs. the gangs would have taken over by now and there would be updates since it's such a major concern.

According to this article the entire Monroe County region is infiltrated with gangs or gang wannabes, as well as racist hate groups of the KKK and Aryan Nation. Now that's scary, because unlike gangs that target each other in their drug wars, extremest groups target their next door neighbor who aren't like themselves. I don't know what's worse.

Crime is everywhere, do a search.....Even in the quiet town of Mt. Bethel, I found a few articles of crime there as well. No place, unless you're living out in the woods , in isolation, is immune to crime. And if it's not in your immediate neighborhood,you'll still come in contact with low lifes in the places you shop, in your public parks/recreational areas, and in your schools.

Believe me, even though I haven't come across any problems myself, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't, ...mainly because of the property value decline, not out of fear of gangs. I'd be more afraid of the racists.

My advice to anyone thinking of relocating to the Pocono's, stay in NJ!!
otherwise you'll lose money in your investment.

Gangster contagion spreads in Poconos | PoconoRecord.com

Last edited by 12ponder; 03-08-2010 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: typo's

Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Please...close it down already...the topic has been discussed way too much already...
You know what David, it it bothers you so much, why don't you just unsubscribe? No one is forcing you to read or post. Spend some time doing research on crime in your own neighborhood. I did and found serious crime there as well, remember?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
There is Racists EVERYWHERE .. In the Million dollar neighborhoods To the ghetto ...

Im thinking that your starting to fold here ponder .. are you starting to believe what we are telling you ?

Because what everyone has been saying is true .. It was once (25 yrs ago ) a decent place , It has since then gone to hell.. Its a FACT .. But it is what it is .. If you Have to live there then you make the best of it .. If you can get out Then do just that ..

I have friends who are ""STUCK"" there , They have camera's all over their property .. Its a crappy way to live , They have had their car broken into and their mowers stolen, even had a neighbor tap into their cable and phone line when they were away ..

I'd rather camp in Tobyhanna state park then live in there again

Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 AM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times
PCP is overflowing now so they are moving down the street too.

Search of home turns up pot and stolen gun and ATV - mcall.com

Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
PCP is overflowing now so they are moving down the street too.

Search of home turns up pot and stolen gun and ATV - mcall.com

You see, this is a case in point of the difference of opinion here. You read this article and went posting it on a public forum, were thousands of people read this info and imply PCP people are responsible.

I read this article, and looked at what facts were stated. No mention of any "former" PCP resident, but that a raid took place on Echo Rd., miles away from PCP, and that's what they found. Nothing about P.C.P. at all.....your interpretation of the story has now become "fact" in your mind and you are spreading that misinformation to others as if it were. Your "opinion" is just that, your "opinion". This is how rumors spread...... Don't ascribe all crime that goes on in the area to PCP.

Is there crime in PCP, I'm sure there is...and if I read about it from reliable sources I believe it, no denial......Theft & drugs are a big problem in the area, I'm not denying that..what I'm saying is that it's found in all the surrounding communities..are you in denial that other communities also have the same problems?? Read the papers....

Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM

[quote=Riverside4ever;13205204]There is Racists EVERYWHERE .. In the Million dollar neighborhoods To the ghetto ...

Just like drugs and crime?.... Also found in the "million dollar" neighborhoods all over America?, Hamptons, Hollywood, etc., etc, etc....same principle, same point..there "is" no immunity no matter where you live, drugs are a way of life for the rich and famous as well as the sleaze in the Ghetto, plain and simple.

Last edited by 12ponder; 03-08-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM

"Nothing about P.C.P. at all"

Are you sure you read the article? The following is written right there in black and white.

"A police news release said authorities confiscated $2,600 in cash, bulk quantities of marijuana consistent with street-level sales, a .38-caliber revolver reported stolen in July during a burglary of a home in A Pocono Country Place"

Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 PM

77 posts, read 157,402 times
Quote:
"Nothing about P.C.P. at all"

Are you sure you read the article? The following is written right there in black and white.

"A police news release said authorities confiscated $2,600 in cash, bulk quantities of marijuana consistent with street-level sales, a .38-caliber revolver reported stolen in July during a burglary of a home in A Pocono Country Place"
Ponder seea only what Ponder wants to see....
To each your own...
No matter what anybody tells her or shows her, she just doesnt see it..

Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Very true. I think I am done here. Wasting too much time but the temptation is overwhelming! LOL

Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Very true. I think I am done here. Wasting too much time but the temptation is overwhelming! LOL
Yes, it's like one of those bad soap operas or TV reality shows, it's all crap yet you cant stop watching......

That article didn't say the crime was commited by a PCP gang banger, who has now "moved" down the road, which you seemed to be implying. Maybe I "misread" your words.
The gun was stolen "from" a house in PCP. Isn't gun ownership legal in PA? I thought all Republicans had them?

I'm not dismissing everything you guys are saying. I do have an open mind and I'm looking and checking out the things you say.

I even called the Mt. Pocono Regional police this morning, hoping to speak with someone on the force. However I was told they don't do that, that I should read the papers or search out public records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania