Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM

76 posts, read 687,378 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a roofing company in the Dingmans/ Milford area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,639 times
Stay away from McManus contractor. I hired them to do my roof. He hired a bunch of illegal immigrants who did a poor job at first. The next day, after I complained that the job was not made properly, they ripped off the new shingles and did a do over. Also, he put some rubber on the front porch that collects water every time it rains.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:32 AM

202 posts, read 568,004 times
Red face Greg Slack Jackson st in Scranton

after the big flood a few years back we had to just about rebuild our house... we went thru many many contractors all starting a job be it flooring, bathroom etc.. no one finished the job Greg was recommended to me and I called him, he showed up with his team everyday at 7am -- cleaned up put a great roof on the house and in fact he was so good I let him do the new siding on the house. He also arranged for an electrician to come back and finish all the jobs that were not completed and also had a 50 foot deck put on the back... the men were very polite and he was a gentlemen ... and much cheaper than the quotes I got from other places. esp. the siding .. he was fully insured..tell him the lady in Clarks Summit recommended him...s

Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM

910 posts, read 2,992,378 times
Yes I have a recommendation! Focus Gutters out of Dingmans. He specializes in roofing, good prices, and really nice
I think it's www.focusgutters.com

Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM

149 posts, read 636,399 times
Riverside......not a fair jab @ GnB...in this economic climate, I can appreciate GnB efforts. He is obviously new to CityData. I think his resourcefulness should be applauded, but yes he is trolling. I inadvertently did the same a few times in my early posts as well, & was guided accordingly by Retired Law. Thank you Retired law. Riverside, you're not exactly "Old School" at this CityData forum either by making note of your join date. Cut the guy a break, explain the rules, but be nice and do it without criticism. Everyone can use some help & I thought that this is what this forum is about. GnB...next time direct message the poster of the original thread. This way you can contact them without "trolling" for business. Good Luck!!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb1966 View Post
Riverside......not a fair jab @ GnB...in this economic climate, I can appreciate GnB efforts. He is obviously new to CityData. I think his resourcefulness should be applauded, but yes he is trolling. I inadvertently did the same a few times in my early posts as well, & was guided accordingly by Retired Law. Thank you Retired law. Riverside, you're not exactly "Old School" at this CityData forum either by making note of your join date. Cut the guy a break, explain the rules, but be nice and do it without criticism. Everyone can use some help & I thought that this is what this forum is about. GnB...next time direct message the poster of the original thread. This way you can contact them without "trolling" for business. Good Luck!!

Even Using DM is trolling .... What you are doing is jumping through a loophole ... Good luck...

Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
FHI out of Long Pond and Mt Pocono area gave us the BEST price. Some were over "double" their price for the same architectural shingles. Exact same ones with the same life span.....
They were on time, they were efficient and friendly.
Why would I pay more for the same thing. I got about four estimates.....we told this last one that we had a few already. We were very pleased, and saved a big bundle by shopping for estimates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania