Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:35 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,112,414 times

Advertisements

but i like you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,551,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
You people are scaring me !!!

I have been battling these little tiny black flys. They are so small and seem to gather in the corner of a room, of course the room is my bedroom above my head and I cant sleeppppppp! Please tell me what to do about it. I get my swiffer duster and squash them but I am leaving little marks on my walls. They just dont go away...please help me!!!!
Roxy, not knowing what they are, are they fleas? mayflies? Could be anything. We contract with a pest control and it is a must up here. We use Eurlich and are very happy with their service. There are others out there too. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 AM

487 posts, read 1,374,727 times
Have the mayflies begun their annual spring invasion yet? If so, makes me think twice about staining the deck this coming weekend.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,551,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldginpa View Post
Have the mayflies begun their annual spring invasion yet? If so, makes me think twice about staining the deck this coming weekend.
I am not sure, but I know we do not put the boat on the marina until they hatch. Otherwise we find the entire boat black and it is a real mess to clean up. I know the mayflies are out, and me thinks they invade for about 2 weeks.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
LOL...I know the feeling.....I had found a few spiders in my new modular before we moved in...they looked like baby tarantulas.....fur and all....I honestly think it is not as buggy as you would expect. Our May flies are just a small fly...they last for about 2 weeks, some years much worse than others, and they have this talent of wanting to fly up your nose, in your mouth and in your eyes. Keeping a porch light on when opening the door can be a problem...and will also attract bats to dive for the bugs right near your door. We let a bat in once like this, just flew right in with us....it was so funny........my brother and husband with tennis rackets and blankets over their heads...almost like in the movie 'The Great Outdoors'....me and my girls outside watching through the window. I laugh just thinking about it!! I did have a bat come down the chimmney too...thankfully I had glass doors on my fireplace.

OMG i would of died, i hate, hate, hate spiders, they are to creepy for me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM

567 posts, read 1,305,782 times
Ok.. I looked up the types of Mayflies in Luzerne County and this thing was significantly Larger.. hmm. Maybe a Stone Fly-- Stone Fly? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paperseed/500329472/ - broken link) ?? Verry Similar to this.

Last edited by MovingOutOfNJ; 04-25-2009 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: photo.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 PM

325 posts, read 806,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
You people are scaring me !!!

I have been battling these little tiny black flys. They are so small and seem to gather in the corner of a room, of course the room is my bedroom above my head and I cant sleeppppppp! Please tell me what to do about it. I get my swiffer duster and squash them but I am leaving little marks on my walls. They just dont go away...please help me!!!!

Do you have a plant in or near the room? If so, the tiny black flies may be fungus gnats, and until you treat the plant, they will continue to appear.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:32 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,290 times
There are some pretty big bugs around here...We have wetlands on our property, and I've seen some interesting things since moving here....except we don't kill them, we just put them in a cup and take them outside

Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs7 View Post
Do you have a plant in or near the room? If so, the tiny black flies may be fungus gnats, and until you treat the plant, they will continue to appear.

Yes I do in another room but I noticed the tiny black flies around some of my plants. Are they a problem for the plants????

Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM

307 posts, read 768,355 times
That is a cicada I think. It wont hurt you. The mayflies are little tiny black flies that get into everything, your eyes your hair, your top! They swarm you. Just don't wear any scents when they are out. We also have little tiny black mosquitoes that bite so be careful. If you leave your windows open at night and have a light on the tiny bugs will come in through the screen. The big giant mosquitoes I have always called jersey skeeters! lol We also have lots of beetles and moths, If you are lucky you will see a Luna moth, it is beautiful and huge. But I have never ever even seen a roach so I am happy and I will put up with the rest of the bugs! Its not really that bad though, don't worry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania