Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:44 AM

4 posts, read 5,880 times

Advertisements

I understand that public transportation is pretty much non-existent in NEPA and I found that the very people that work in this industry are far from professional, in this geographical area. My little story; my car is in the shop, I have the day off and a scheduled doctors appointment. It was a beautiful day so I figured, why not take the bus. I'll get something accomplished and enjoy the early evening.
I pay the $1.25 fair and take my seat as I look around. I don't notice anyone with 2 heads or shooting drugs in the back or anyone that looks any different from me, just getting from point A to point B. Now the driver, he scared me. I mean come on, put down the hoagie for cryin out loud. I arrive at my destination safe, clenched fists slowly release. You do know it takes 2 hands to turn a bus around a corner. To make sure, because this bus was 15 late, I ask the driver if there is still a return bus, or should I call a friend, is the last bus of the evening at 5 o'clock ? Hmm. So the driver with the hoagie and his reply, " I TOLD YOU LAST WEEK THAT THERE'S ANOTHER BUS COMING. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK EACH WEEK"?
yes, he was loud. being miffed I replied, " I didn't take this bus last week, you must have me confused with someone else"
him, mumble,mumble. EXCUSE ME, is it so difficult to answer a question? Is this not a very small part of the job"
So, my return trip. THE BUS IS PULLING AWAY..wait, wait I say to myself. I get there just in time and I ask yet another driver," aren't you leaving a bit early, Doesn't the schedule read that I had another 10 minutes to catch the bus? His reply, " Yes, I don't like Pittston so I don't hang around
So this is a county transportation system? wt heck !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 AM

307 posts, read 768,619 times
I think I would call the bus company. There is no reason why you should feel unsafe nor is there reason for the drivers to be rude or making up their own schedule.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,104 times
welcome to nepa with its excellent customer service---maybe his brother hires for the bus system?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 AM

37 posts, read 42,441 times
Oh please. Just get a schedule and a some headphones. You people can find problems with everything and anything. And why does your post read all those horrible colors? I think the bus driver knows something about you that you probably aren't mentioning.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:13 AM

4 posts, read 5,880 times
Why bother with a schedule or headphones for that matter. I didn't say there was a noise level issue, more of a safety issue and just plain rudeness.
your last comment is laughable.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 AM

307 posts, read 768,619 times
Wow, the trolls are everywhere lately!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNielsen View Post
I understand that public transportation is pretty much non-existent in NEPA and I found that the very people that work in this industry are far from professional, in this geographical area. My little story; my car is in the shop, I have the day off and a scheduled doctors appointment. It was a beautiful day so I figured, why not take the bus. I'll get something accomplished and enjoy the early evening.
I pay the $1.25 fair and take my seat as I look around. I don't notice anyone with 2 heads or shooting drugs in the back or anyone that looks any different from me, just getting from point A to point B. Now the driver, he scared me. I mean come on, put down the hoagie for cryin out loud. I arrive at my destination safe, clenched fists slowly release. You do know it takes 2 hands to turn a bus around a corner. To make sure, because this bus was 15 late, I ask the driver if there is still a return bus, or should I call a friend, is the last bus of the evening at 5 o'clock ? Hmm. So the driver with the hoagie and his reply, " I TOLD YOU LAST WEEK THAT THERE'S ANOTHER BUS COMING. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ASK EACH WEEK"?
yes, he was loud. being miffed I replied, " I didn't take this bus last week, you must have me confused with someone else"
him, mumble,mumble. EXCUSE ME, is it so difficult to answer a question? Is this not a very small part of the job"
So, my return trip. THE BUS IS PULLING AWAY..wait, wait I say to myself. I get there just in time and I ask yet another driver," aren't you leaving a bit early, Doesn't the schedule read that I had another 10 minutes to catch the bus? His reply, " Yes, I don't like Pittston so I don't hang around
So this is a county transportation system? wt heck !
Sounds like Ralph Cramdon on steroids....and WHAT'S THE DRIVER"S BEEF WITH PITTSTON....STAY TUNED...LOL

Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 AM

193 posts, read 542,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Tuna View Post
Oh please. Just get a schedule and a some headphones. You people can find problems with everything and anything. And why does your post read all those horrible colors? I think the bus driver knows something about you that you probably aren't mentioning.
By you people you mean who?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM

43 posts, read 158,787 times
Have you ever driven a bus, that you know it takes two hands to get it around the corner??

You have to understand, these driver's don't get real lunch breaks - that I am aware of - so they have to eat on the run. So what is the big deal if he uses 1 or 2 hands on the wheel, as long as he makes the turn? Not everyone needs 2 hands to go around a corner.

As for him being rude, that is a different story, there really is no need for that - even if someone asked him a week ago.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:30 AM

37 posts, read 42,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebunnie69 View Post
By you people you mean who?

The majority of nepa forum posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania