Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,757,186 times

Advertisements

They did make good on the phone. I would buy from them again due to the fact that they did send a check to cover the cost of the replacement phone.

I do love their furniture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,982,974 times
Years ago (1960’s) I worked for a furniture store. Then; furniture was priced at two times the wholesale cost plus the shipping - example: a chair, that cost the store $50, might sell for $125 (double the cost plus $25 dollars shipping).
I don’t know the formula today. However; I think that there should be a fair amount of room to bicker. Don’t let the salesman think that they are the only place you will buy from. Feel free to turn your back and start to walk out. Ask directions to one of their competitors. Keep them on their toes - it can save you money.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 AM

105,764 posts, read 107,756,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
They did make good on the phone. I would buy from them again due to the fact that they did send a check to cover the cost of the replacement phone.

I do love their furniture.
its funny i forgot it was you i called them about.. i knew i called on behalf of someone here but i forgot who.... lol

Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM

366 posts, read 1,032,677 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
While it is hit or miss I bought a good quality living room set at Big Lots and got a great deal.
Out of curiosity, how did that Big Lots living room set hold up? We bought a couch and recliner at Big Lots, about 4 or 5 years ago....the recliner's already been scrapped for 2 years now....the fabric wore away and the stuffing was showing.....and the couch, whicle still in one piece and not ripped, already looks like a piece of crap....we just bought a new set at EFO.

The Big Lots furniture looked great when it was new, and the price was unbelievable....but we found out, you get what you pay for.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,930,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Out of curiosity, how did that Big Lots living room set hold up? We bought a couch and recliner at Big Lots, about 4 or 5 years ago....the recliner's already been scrapped for 2 years now....the fabric wore away and the stuffing was showing.....and the couch, whicle still in one piece and not ripped, already looks like a piece of crap....we just bought a new set at EFO.

The Big Lots furniture looked great when it was new, and the price was unbelievable....but we found out, you get what you pay for.
It still looks brand new and we are still happy with it. My only complaint is the cushions would shift so I used some velcro to secure them and we are good to go. Since we are looking for a second home, I would buy from them again, lil man is still only 10 so I will still look for cheap chic.

I have started to purchase my antiques but for now they will only be accent pieces, unless I find something I can not live with out. Which will never happen, since I truly only need, food, oxygen and shelter to live! lol... I have waited this long for my home to be furnished with antiques, whats another 8-10 years.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,168,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post

We had the same exact experience GP. We ended up biting the bullet and buying a high quality set for the living room. I wouldn't buy another piece of furniture from BL, even if someone gave me the money to do so.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,930,913 times
My set was made by Broyhill, if that makes any difference. My 10 year old did a lot of jumping on it before I caught him in the act. Like I said, we are happy with it. I did decide that if I get the new house, I am buying a piece of furniture at a time, and it will be my antiques. I do not care if I live on lawn furniture if I have too...I am sick of waiting for what I want. If little man jumps , ahhhhh we will rethink that spanking thing!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 AM

360 posts, read 1,016,509 times
I'm going to chime in here and also recommend EFO - they tended to be the most reasonable/willing to work with people and had some of the nicest stuff when I last had to deal with buying furniture in the area. Raymour & Flanigan is completely overpriced - particularly for the Scranton area.

You actually MIGHT luck out with something from JC Penney price-wise if you go at the right time. I found a beautiful cherry bedroom set there back in 2004 and planned to have buy it in Scranton and have it delivered to NJ but ended up skipping it because I just bought a new car.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,513,222 times
Yes, bought all of our stuff from Van Gordors and it is now in NC. Scott M is great. Have my mission furniture in the dinining room and some aweome bookcases with leather couches thorughout the house. All a great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania