Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 PM

94 posts, read 609,352 times

Advertisements

I was recently offered a job at North Pocono. I'm here to solicit some opinions if anyone has experience working in or with the school district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,513,222 times
You've always posted that you would have no problem getting employment in No. Pocono after you moved back. So, congratulations on the job offer. In today's market it is a huge victory. Welcome back to NEPA

Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
You've always posted that you would have no problem getting employment in No. Pocono after you moved back. So, congratulations on the job offer. In today's market it is a huge victory. Welcome back to NEPA
Well the Pocono part was right - I just thought it would be Pocono Mountain. It is a huge victory. With a baby on the way, this is a real relief.

Thank you for the welcome back. After moving to Northern VA, I didn't think I'd ever come back.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,513,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Well the Pocono part was right - I just thought it would be Pocono Mountain. It is a huge victory. With a baby on the way, this is a real relief.

Thank you for the welcome back. After moving to Northern VA, I didn't think I'd ever come back.
Guy, welcome back and congrats on the new addition"baby". We had friends that moved back from Virginia too. They could not wait to get back. I heard that the southern hospitality was not really that welcoming

Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,627,491 times
I know at least five people who would take that job immediately, who have passed their interview stage with flying colors just to lose at the board meetings, so let me know if you pass.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
I know at least five people who would take that job immediately, who have passed their interview stage with flying colors just to lose at the board meetings, so let me know if you pass.
Lovely.

Was this at North Pocono?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,732,530 times
Conrats to you! I say....Take it. north Pocono is a great school district.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,627,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Lovely.

Was this at North Pocono?
Yeah, in fact, the one guy I know was up for two different jobs on two occasions, and
did not get anything. His grades were near perfect, had all kinds of certificates, over a year
of full time subbing experience, and was preferred by the people who gave the inital
interview.

Nada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania