Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
no no.. not in evolution, we went to the bar below it. lol.. just @ the woodlands in general...

Ahhhh, ok makes sense now. Downstairs is like another world. I enjoy it down there, especially the outdoor bar. In fact, the rest of the club is like another world than what you'll find inside Evolution (especially in the *back* of Evolution towards the back bar....that's where said thugs like to stand and smoke cigarettes and pot....saw it with my own eyes) And yes, there's no smoking allowed in there, but that doesn't seem to stop them either . God only knows what else goes on back there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
I was at the woodlands on friday-- i saw none of the pants down to the ankles you speakoff... lol it is still a meat market.. but im 22..thats not necessarily a bad thing...

never felt like i was going to be stabbed... or robbed... or beat up.. or anything.. i didnt see a single intimidating-looking person...

and i'd like to be clear.. im not trying to point out that NEPA Residednts are generally over-paranoid for no reason.. (heh)... i sincerely mean the place was a pretty nice night out.
While I don't go there anymore, I have to agree with you. We all dressed for our age when we were in our young 20s and I'm sure the 30somethings then found our dress appalling.

It's the nature of the beast. As for violence there? I can't remember the last time there was an issue at the Woodlands.

But it is a meat market.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It's the nature of the beast. As for violence there? I can't remember the last time there was an issue at the Woodlands.
Do you read newspapers?

Man shot, gets gun away from Woodlands assailant | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

Hanover Township man charged with assaulting hospital security officer | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader (http://www.timesleader.com/news/Hanover_Township_man_charged_with_assaulting_hospi tal_security_officer_.html - broken link)

Police Blotter | Wilkes-Barre crime and court news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader (http://www.timesleader.com/news/crime/Police_Blotter_06-06-2009.html - broken link)

Police investigate vehicle break-ins at Woodlands - News - Citizens Voice

Man to face trial for shooting off-duty firefighter | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

Police Blotter | Wilkes-Barre crime and court news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader (http://www.timesleader.com/news/crime/Police_Blotter_06-06-2009.html - broken link)

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Man shot, gets gun away from Woodlands assailant | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

Happened two YEARS ago.

Hanover Township man charged with assaulting hospital security officer | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

Assaulted someone at the HOSPITAL. And stole a bottle of liquor. Hardly violent at the Woodlands.

Police Blotter | Wilkes-Barre crime and court news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

This one is a lot more recent.

Break-ins happen everywhere. Not exclusive to the Woodlands.

Man to face trial for shooting off-duty firefighter | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

From last year - over a year ago.

Police Blotter | Wilkes-Barre crime and court news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

Same case as the third link.

So you have 5 things in 2 years that's happened at a huge nightclub and that is somehow showing that it's more violent than any other? I don't buy it. I could pull up any bar around here and you would see people getting "assault" charges. IE - getting drunk and getting in a fight.

I'm not convinced that the Woodlands is anymore violent than any other place in the area.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Happened two YEARS ago.

Hanover Township man charged with assaulting hospital security officer | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader

Assaulted someone at the HOSPITAL. And stole a bottle of liquor. Hardly violent at the Woodlands.

This one is a lot more recent.

Break-ins happen everywhere. Not exclusive to the Woodlands.

From last year - over a year ago.

Same case as the third link.

So you have 5 things in 2 years that's happened at a huge nightclub and that is somehow showing that it's more violent than any other? I don't buy it. I could pull up any bar around here and you would see people getting "assault" charges. IE - getting drunk and getting in a fight.

I'm not convinced that the Woodlands is anymore violent than any other place in the area.
Alrighty then lol. You win (I know that's important to you when posting on this board). It's such a luxurious and safe place to be. You've convinced me!! Like I said, I've seen the type of crowd that hangs out there with my own eyes, and this was just last October. Until you've personally been inside of that club (Evolution), you really can't speak about the atmosphere there. Or well you can....but your opinion about the place means nothing until you've BEEN there. @@

Old 06-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Alrighty then lol. You win (I know that's important to you when posting on this board). It's such a luxurious and safe place to be. You've convinced me!! Like I said, I've seen the type of crowd that hangs out there with my own eyes, and this was just last October. Until you've personally been inside of that club (Evolution), you really can't speak about the atmosphere there. Or well you can....but your opinion about the place means nothing until you've BEEN there. @@
:sigh: It's not "winning" at all for Christ's sake. Why can't you have a *conversation* with someone who doesn't agree with you without getting like this?

That is seriously disturbing.

Oh and I HAVE BEEN inside Evolution within the last year. Thanks sista!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Anyway...you really believe that FIVE incidents in TWO YEARS makes a place dangerous?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Not speaking about the bar area, but it made for a gorgeous Wedding spot.........Some fantastic outdoor shots. The open bar out by the falls, under the trees. The cutest rooms with waterfall views.
I'm sure the nightlife might add up to something else in the bar scene areas.....
But, I enjoyed every minute of my time at the Woodlands.....

Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Anyway...you really believe that FIVE incidents in TWO YEARS makes a place dangerous?
I only posted the first 5 things i could find. I'm sure I could come up with a lot more if I spent time looking at the police blotter, but I didn't feel the need to spend all afternoon proving something to you, of all people......it's not worth it Marge.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I only posted the first 5 things i could find. I'm sure I could come up with a lot more if I spent time looking at the police blotter, but I didn't feel the need to spend all afternoon proving something to you, of all people......it's not worth it Marge.

Exactly. You've made my day with this post. *muah* Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania