Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 PM

436 posts, read 954,488 times

Advertisements

I went there on Monday to see what the hype was about. The place is nice but the cheesesteak was very bland. The quality of the meat was subpar to say the least. It was tasteless and overcooked. The American cheese had an odd flavor to it.

Too pricey. What do they think this is, Philly?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,772 times
Default Cosmo's

I haven't had a chance to try the product yet but you can tell Cosmo put his all into this business venture. The thing that impressed me the most was the signage for the building. WOW! It looks awesome

Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,115 times
It is open now, don't know when officially but it was full of activity last night(29th July)

Old 08-01-2009, 01:49 PM

29 posts, read 144,856 times
Cosmo opened his steak shop. Not Phillyworthy. Scale from 1-10 the food is a 4, sorry salerno you are from my neighborhood but you should of stuck to pool halls, low key meat sales, and vending machines. Switch the food up and Ill be back, otherwise Good luck and keep hustling.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,189 times
I went there yesterday afternoon. When I lived in South Jersey, I used to go to Geno's in South Philly with my buddies every Wednesday. Well, Cosmo is no Geno's. The food was average, not great. The meat was dry and chewy at times. The cheese, onions, and mushrooms were ok. The place looks clean and inviting. The price was a little bit on the high side. I paid $9.25 for a cheesesteak (provolone, onions, and mushrooms) and a soda. Even Geno's is cheaper, although Cosmo's steak was bigger.

Overall, I'd say that is okay if you are craving a cheesesteak and are nearby.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:45 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
I went there yesterday afternoon. When I lived in South Jersey, I used to go to Geno's in South Philly with my buddies every Wednesday. Well, Cosmo is no Geno's. The food was average, not great. The meat was dry and chewy at times. The cheese, onions, and mushrooms were ok. The place looks clean and inviting. The price was a little bit on the high side. I paid $9.25 for a cheesesteak (provolone, onions, and mushrooms) and a soda. Even Geno's is cheaper, although Cosmo's steak was bigger.

Overall, I'd say that is okay if you are craving a cheesesteak and are nearby.
Doesn't really want me to take the plunge and try it. That's sounds like a lot of money for an average cheesesteak and this is not Philly. There's a place in Dickson City on RT6 by Sheetz and next to Rita's that has decent cheesesteaks and I don't believe they are that expensive.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM
mgb

97 posts, read 260,836 times
My daughter had one Friday & said it was good. She said the cheese is 'cheeze whiz'. Her friend didn't care for the cheeze-whiz, but liked the steak.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:29 PM

436 posts, read 954,488 times
Geno's is junk. They put out a very average steak and cater to the tourists down there who don't know any better.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,506 times
You guys are CrAzIe!!!1 first off its not that expensive its usually $7 for a plain cheesesteak get it right> i work there for crist sake! for me and 2 other ppl to eat b4 I got the job was $21, how cheap could you ppl be??? go to micky d's>>> same price for 3 ppl sometimes more!! and do me a favor, lay out the facts>> 1st we're fast, 2nd everyone> kitchen and dinning area included work their asses off and do an awesome job! 3rd if the foods so lame inform someone about it > DONT HATE! 4TH if it sucks why do we get so much business??? and last but def. not least>> Cosmo is a sweetheart and a half and I wish him the best of luck!!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-05-2009 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: removed curse word

Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 PM

34 posts, read 95,844 times
People are just too harsh or hard to please. I went tonight and It thought the CS was very good. It was better than the Bobby O's (supposedly won NEPA cheesteak of the year). Most hoagies are around $6.50 nowaday, so the price is not too bad (it includes tax). I thought the steak was good, cooked correctly (but I get what someone said about bland...it could have used something, but I don't know what since the steak should not be spiced) and not a single piece of grizzle. LOTS of wiz and the bun was perfectly soft and tasty. They put a good amount of steak (unlike Jim's and Pat's...they just barely put enough meat anymore). I would go again.

I still think a place called "Famished Fannies" in Duryea back in the 90's had incredible cheesesteaks, but this is very good and compareable to today's Philly steaks. Not sure if that is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania