Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 PM

126 posts, read 325,953 times

Advertisements

I think also you need to consider what your standard of living is. We moved here 10 years ago from NYC. We were willing to give up a lot in order for me to stay at home with my kids. Things like cable TV---we went years without any at all! No cell phones, no internet, one car. See those things we were willing to give up for a time but now that my hubby has been at his job for a while AND we have a low house payment, we can afford those extra things now. But we were willing to do whatever we needed to to get out of Brooklyn!
there are MANY MANY things I miss and to be honest, it has been a challenge getting to know people and dealing with small town minds, but for the most part, we are happy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 AM

106,060 posts, read 108,015,953 times
quality of life i find is far better in nepa ,, but i think they were talking from a financial standpoint and how much less can they get by with....

like i said a few times we figured about 20% less for our lifestyle compared to nyc but the salarys are less then 1/2 in my line of work...

im not even sure we could make do with 20% .... when we finally move full time to nepa in about 1-1/2 years we will have lots of free time and one thing i learned is if your active and have lots of interests and hobbies then time cost money and we will have lots of time......

now when our kids come to nepa with significant others we are 8 people.... we never let them pay for stuff so we are always paying for 8 people, when the grand children come when we have some it will be even more spending.... ha ha ha we are doomed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania