Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:45 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times

Advertisements

SHOCKING! ...violence breaks out at a concert full of "music" that promotes violence, drugs, disrespect for authority, degradation of women, etc. I'll bet there weren't any incidents at the Rascall Flatts concert.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/concert_violence_at_montage_raises_questions (broken link)

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 07-29-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
SHOCKING! ...violence breaks out at a concert full of "music" that promotes violence, drugs, disrespect for authority, degradation of women, etc. I'll bet there weren't any incidents at the Rascall Flatts concert.

Concert violence at Montage raises questions - News - The Times-Tribune (http://thetimes-tribune.com/cm/2.1188/2.1188/news/concert_violence_at_montage_raises_questions?first Comment=0#articleComments - broken link)
I didn't read this story as yet go phillies........But, no ....not a stitch of violence at the Rascal Flatts concert. That concert was a joy
If this was a rap concert ( and I am really sorry to say it but...) then I would never attend. The words, and the tone of the songs, promote all that you mentioned.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,189 times
Spare the rod, spoil the child!! {tongue in cheek} you plant potatoes, you get potatoes

Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,108 times
My, goodness. Who could have seen that coming?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,000 times
Animals

Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
I've been to my fair share of concerts including two Metallica shows, one back in '89.

<I can feel the envy oozing through the screen from Metallica fans LOL>

I don't recall any violence at those shows, I'm sure there was though. The second one was the free Philly show a few years back and if you started trouble there you were going to jail. they must of had 200 or 300 cops there, real ones with guns. Maybe 30 of them on horses alone. First time I saw a cop tow truck, it had regular cop lights and everything.

The one show I recall a fight was the Aerosmith/Guns & Roses show at Pocono Downs. Couple of guys got into it after the show but that died out pretty quick. A few beer cans flew and maybe some punches but it wasn't a major brawl. Gotta love those parking lots, entertainment there is almost as good as the show.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I've been to my fair share of concerts including two Metallica shows, one back in '89.

<I can feel the envy oozing through the screen from Metallica fans LOL>
I also saw Metallica in 89....Queensryche opened....great show. I was only a teenager then, and there was no trouble whatsoever. But then again, I think Metallica's lyrics (especially in the pre-black-album days) are a little too deep for the average pants-falling-down rap fan.

But then again, mix a bunch of people with too much alcohol, and there's sure to be some trouble. But listen to today's rap lyrics, and I can't help but think that it incites anger and violence, especially with younger people who get way too much into the wanna-be thug lifestyle.

When's the last time you've heard of rock/metal bands getting into turf wars and murdering their "rivals?" It happens way too often with rappers.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

The one show I recall a fight was the Aerosmith/Guns & Roses show at Pocono Downs. Couple of guys got into it after the show but that died out pretty quick. A few beer cans flew and maybe some punches but it wasn't a major brawl. Gotta love those parking lots, entertainment there is almost as good as the show.

And there's another difference between rock fans and rap fans...at a rock concert, a fight probably only involves fists and too much beer....no stabbings or shootings.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM

I don't think more security should be required at any show. That shouldn't be the issue.
Just don't have shows that will bring the "bad potatoes" ( as JohnQ has said...very nicely)
into the venue.
A good show should never need more then the usual amount of police standing by.
If they need more police........cancel that show before it even begins.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
And there's another difference between rock fans and rap fans...at a rock concert, a fight probably only involves fists and too much beer....no stabbings or shootings.
Very good and accurate point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania