Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:58 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugashane View Post
Philly steak in stroudsburg is supposed to be the best but I dont know how true that is.I know they have the best burger Ive ever had in my life
Thanks! I'll have to give it a try.

The problem is that I usually don't spent that much time in downtown Stroudsburg. Today I do have an appointment in the area and I might stop in. That is; if I don't have to eat the big pot of ham and navy beans we made yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 10:55 PM

54 posts, read 61,172 times
Steves in Philly is best. I Have tried Roseanne's in west side and they are good but could use a little more meat. The best is what you can make at home Landis frozen meet or chipped beef from butcher but a high quality roll is what really makes it, in philly its Sarcones or Liscios then cook it yourself, it is the best

Old 01-22-2015, 08:56 AM

148 posts, read 265,452 times
I know I said this before.. but it was years ago !.. Best Cheese Steak by far, ever... is Dino and Francesco in Clarks Summit.. I have all those in Phili.. and a lot of the others mentioned here.. but this one is to die for!!! Dino's & Francesco's --When Your Hungry for the very Best Italian Cuisine.. They also make a wonderful gravy and fries.. bad for ya.. but sooo good!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:50 AM

3 posts, read 4,147 times
Leons firesidecafe in pocono summit. Best cheesesteaks in the poconos. Period! You get over the local yocal bar atmosphere real quick after the first bite!!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:57 AM

Wawa?! Yuck. Try leons fireside cafe. A little dive bar in pocono summit. Best in the area by far. Good bread and meat. You wont be disappointed trust me..

Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamptons1 View Post
Wawa?! Yuck. Try leons fireside cafe. A little dive bar in pocono summit. Best in the area by far. Good bread and meat. You wont be disappointed trust me..
I'll give it a try. I go past there pretty frequently.

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Try leons. neighborhood bar in pocono summit that has THE Best cheesesteaks in the poconos. Trust me on this

Old 10-18-2015, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,059 times
I had the best Cheesesteak I have ever had this past weekend I stopped byAbbella's Café inside the Sapphire Salon in Pittston. When I looked at the menueverything looked incredible and it seemed they were using all high qualitymeats. I ordered the cheesesteak and to my surprise I was delivered what Iperceived as the best cheesesteak I have ever had!!! When I was done eating itI asked for the owner and inquired about the meat used as it was thick cut? Heexplained that he cuts Grass Fed HALAL Certified Delmonico Steak. They thinslice slabs of the this Delmonico steak and grill it with Sweet Red Onion’s andpile it on a soft seeded roll, The menu says it’s 8 Ounces of Delmonico Steakand truly is (I was full when I finished) I have tried many a cheesesteak (Pat’s,Gino’s and Philadelphia Subs in Wilkes Barre) This Sub was the best by far!!!This is my new go to lunch spot!!. This place is a must try they have what they call a "KingSteak" which is 16 Ounces of Delmonico

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/Abbellas-Cafe-at-Sapphire-417634761770375/[/URL]

Old 10-18-2015, 12:53 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Default It isn't your father's Philly cheese steak...but

If you want to walk on the wild side consider trying a cheese steak from Aurants in Duryea. It's not cheap (I included prices...no surprises), but it's not your father's Philly style sandwich either (NOT that there's anything wrong with that...). Given the quality, preparation, size and that it includes choice of an excellent side dish (the mac and cheese is a cult favorite, but some might say a bit redundant if you get the smoked Gouda 'wich...). For me the price is reasonable...almost cheap. If curious, consider it an adventure, especially if you enjoy craft beers or sodas (!) which Aurant's also features. I provide the details because they're necessary to make the point.

Here's a copy/paste of 'cheese steak' like items from a recent menu and a bonus "BST" (bacon spinach tomato):

Smoked Gouda Cheese Steaks:
  • Vermont Pheasant Tenderloins, pan fried…$15
  • Pekin Duckling Confit, slow roasted…$15
  • Canadian Bison Rib Eye, pan seared…$15
  • Beef Cheek Cheese Steak…$14
Choice of above entangled w/ smoked gouda cheese blend, oven braised portabella mushroom, caramelized yellow bell peppers, sweet stewed onions, a touch of smokey mesquite, rolled into a port wine shallot buttered Agostini bun & paired w/ a side of choice.
Kielbasa X/O Beemster Cheese Steak…$14
Butchered up dry aged bacon wrapped smoked kielbasa kebabs, sweet stewed onions, poached garlic, horseradish, extra aged Holland beemster cheese & fitted into a toasty port wine shallot buttered Agostini bun & paired w/ a side of choice.
Duck BST Sandwich…$14… “add a foie gras medallion…$8
BLT style sandwich w/o the L fabricated on port wine shallot buttered ciabatta bun over slow roasted duckling confit & layered w/ crispy strips of dry aged cherry wood smoked bacon, fresh spinach greens, vine ripen hot house tomato slices, zinfandel remoulade sauce & your side of choice.

…A La Carte Sides, $5 each, included with sandwiches and entrees or pair with an appetizer for a light meal or eat them solo with a good beer or soda.
  • Roasted Red Beets & Red Potato Mash; Asian Carrot Purple Cabbage Apple Slaw;
  • Slow Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Sweet Stewed Spanish Onions
  • Braised Broccoli Rabe, Poached Garlic Cloves & Shaved Grana Padana
  • Mac w/ Aged Cherry Smoked Bacon, Makers Mark Bar-B-Q & Smoked Gouda
  • Creamy Gorgonzola Polenta w/ Sun Dried Tomato, Lavender & Sun Flower Seed
Their menu changes frequently. If you're set on a specific "cheese steak" meat, be sure to check via a call or watch their FB page where they usually post the latest menu (there's no web site). This is a serious restaurant/'gastro pub' with upscale dinners and unique 'pub food'. I think sandwiches are offered on most days at both dinner and lunch...but check if you don't want to chance it. If you happen to miss them there are other equally exotic items offered.

One last note if you're still interested...reservations are a good idea on weekends...they are often booked. You can chance getting a seat at the bar...but that gets busy on weekends too. During the week and at lunch it's not as busy thus easier to 'walk in'.

Last edited by jimazee; 10-18-2015 at 02:06 PM..

Old 10-18-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamptons1 View Post
Try leons. neighborhood bar in pocono summit that has THE Best cheesesteaks in the poconos. Trust me on this
I keep saying that I want to try Leon's and then don't. They do have a pretty good crew of contractors and workers that stop by - that is usually a good indication that the food is great. Word of mouth is the best advertisement for any establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania