Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:34 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Now thats funny ..no matter what team you pitch for!!!
touche...again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
[quote=KarenRice;10573301]To be frankly honest, I just don't like to talk about - or hear conversations about people's sex lives, period. I have nothing against gay people. I like the ones I know.

The other day I went into a store nearby and one of the workers proudly and loudly announced to someone, "I'm gay!" and I, able to hear it from a good distance away, was like...Really? I was REALLY wondering about that as I came in this store to look for an apple peeler. He then went on to make comments about how his boss (I presume) is hot but looks like a lesbian (he used a different term). WHAT THE HECK?

Is there not a time and place for this kind of discussion? Such as in a bar over drinks, or in your back yard, or something? Do we really need to talk about sexual orientation wherever we are, whenever we are?

You're so right, why do gay people think they have to announce they are gay? I don't run around announcing i'm straight, it's crazy. I don't think people care and really don't want to hear it.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM

154 posts, read 407,838 times
NEPA's response to gay people is, I believe, as varied and diverse as the people who live here. In other words...there are people here who accept those who are "different" (and I use that word loosely), and there are people here who will not. That being said, and though I have to disclaim that I am not gay (and believe there is NOTHING wrong with "that") so do not have the life experience to authentically state this, I do believe there are many people and places in this area who freely accept the gay lifestyle. To illustrate: there are area bars (not sure if I can name them) that are magnets for gays--everybody local knows it--and mostly has no problem with it. I would like to add to others' sentiments about sexuality in general, and that is: I have no problem with anyone else's sexual orientation or proclivities, tendencies, fetishes, what have you. That's their business. [b]But[b], unless that is my close friend, I really don't want to hear about it, be they gay, bi, straight, whatever. Some things are just not topics for general discussion or pronouncement in the general population.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Cracking up over here!
LMAO...I thought that when I wrote it but couldn't think of a better phrase!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagafrika View Post
YES, we do. And they should. And they should until people who are afraid of their own sexual proclivities no longer shuns, nor makes a big deal, of these proud, gay pronouncements.

Be careful where you throw stones....your child may one day be gay.

Now....either we help the OP and myself or I'm going to start reporting posts for discrimination (TOS).

Thank you.
There is no reason that *anyone* has to talk about their sexuality in a grocery store as in Karen's example or go into graphic detail about their sexual pecadillos as in my example.

I think we are all in agreement that one can speak about their spouse or S/O no matter what the orientation but it crosses the line when sex stories come into play or random pronouncements of one's sexual orientation is proclaimed in a grocery store.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
Quote:
Now....either we help the OP and myself or I'm going to start reporting posts for discrimination (TOS).
ROFL. Who is discriminating? Nothing I wrote was discriminatory. Get a grip.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
It's something in the water...LOL...Or fumes from mine shafts...LOL...My class was almost 500 people and 2,000 plus at the main high school.
ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS

XENOESTROGENS

why do you think so many more of us *****s get cancer?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,545 times
it was a while ago, and in Reading, but I got beaten more than once up and around reading high school for looking at girls the wrong way. . . . and I mean, really beaten

Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
^^I would venture to guess that high school girls are way meaner than anyone else.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
^^I would venture to guess that high school girls are way meaner than anyone else.
True...but then they become Moms too early and are the meany Moms at the playgroud!tehettehetehe lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania