Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,639,563 times

Advertisements

Seems like one of our own is in trouble. I'll reserve judgment until we hear his side of the story. I take articles from the Scranton Times with a grain of salt.
Police: Green Ridge man threatened neighbor with gun - News - The Times-Tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/news/police_green_ridge_man_threatened_neighbor_with_gu n - broken link)

Old 08-08-2009, 06:55 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,937,581 times
I was upset to read this...I bet the unbaised truth of what happened was not
reported. I know he has good friends that will be able to help him. In the mean time...I will be thinking of him and his family.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,639,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I was upset to read this...I bet the unbaised truth of what happened was not
reported. I know he has good friends that will be able to help him. In the mean time...I will be thinking of him and his family.

Exactly, the paper always slants the truth to make the story more interesting. If this is the truth, he may have problems we don't know about.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,526,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Seems like one of our own is in trouble. I'll reserve judgment until we hear his side of the story. I take articles from the Scranton Times with a grain of salt.
Police: Green Ridge man threatened neighbor with gun - News - The Times-Tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/news/police_green_ridge_man_threatened_neighbor_with_gu n - broken link)

Very very interesting.............

Old 08-08-2009, 07:24 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,216,794 times
Doesn't surprise me. As long as there have been humans, there has been violence.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:30 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,999,058 times
One has to wonder what other words were exchanged to bring about such a violent reaction.

I can't imagine people coming to BLOWS over a shed, let alone bringing out guns like it's the Old West and you need to duel for your honor.

This is craziness.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
One has to wonder what other words were exchanged to bring about such a violent reaction.

I can't imagine people coming to BLOWS over a shed, let alone bringing out guns like it's the Old West and you need to duel for your honor.

This is craziness.

Unless his life or the another life was in danger he had no legitimate reason to pull that weapon. Hope they revoke the privilege to carry and send him for a psychological.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:23 AM

32,613 posts, read 77,399,506 times
With all due respect while I firmly believe the member in question can be a bit "hot-headed" I still think the article was lacking depth in reporting the FULL CIRCUMSTANCES behind what occurred. I don't think this member is the type to just hurl things at people and brandish guns just for the sake of doing so. In my opinion the male neighbor may have said something threatening to the member in question about himself or his family, and he may have retrieved his gun in an attempt to say "back off." Despite our frequent feuds on this forum over the years I don't harbor any malice towards this individual. Has his disdain for city governance and incessant quest to uproot it become an unhealthy obsession? Yes. I can very easily picture this person engaged in an over-the-fence shouting match with someone else over something trivial (as I said the times I've met him I always got "hot-head" vibes), but pulling a gun on someone unprovoked? It just sounds very suspect to me, and considering the Times-Tribune is biased towards this member's adversary, Mayor Doherty, I will reserve any further judgment beyond calling him a "hot-head" until we have a copy of a police report availed to us.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:27 AM

32,613 posts, read 77,399,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Unless his life or the another life was in danger he had no legitimate reason to pull that weapon. Hope they revoke the privilege to carry and send him for a psychological.
Well as I said for all we know the male neighbor could have said something threatening towards this member or his family that went unreported in an attempt by this newspaper to smear one of the mayor's largest opponents (the other, Mr. Joe Pilchesky, has already been disgraced by his own legal/criminal issues as of late). I'm reserving any further judgment against this individual until this all plays out in court. Yes, we all know Dan loves guns, as has been evidenced on this forum. Yes, we all know Dan is quick-tempered, as evidenced by all of the times he'd blow up at me in a long tirade whenever I tried boosting the city. I'm still not going to connect those two dots though to presume "hot head + love of guns = rabid lunatic."

Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 AM

The magistrate must have connected the dots.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania