Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times

Advertisements

You are cleaning your child's room, and discover a wallet that you do not recognize. You look inside and find the driver's license of the wallet's owner. Turns out the owner of the wallet works in the school your child attends.

When you call the owner, you are informed that the wallet was stolen weeks earlier.

Your child claims to not know how the wallet ended up in the bedroom closet.

What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
You are cleaning your child's room, and discover a wallet that you do not recognize. You look inside and find the driver's license of the wallet's owner. Turns out the owner of the wallet works in the school your child attends.

When you call the owner, you are informed that the wallet was stolen weeks earlier.

Your child claims to not know how the wallet ended up in the bedroom closet.

What would you do?
Sorry...but if the GHOSTS in your home have never before engaged in stealing, the child would be punished until a reasonable explaination was forthcoming. This is one situation where I don't know is simply unacceptable. Restriction of priveleges or a grounding is in order until the truth comes out.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:51 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Yikes. That is a tough one. How old is the child? What does your gut tell you? Do you believe your child stole the wallet?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM

What if the child is telling the truth? What if one of her friends stole it and threw it in your child's closet? It certainly isn't unheard of for "friends" to do this kind of thing.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
There is always the chance that your child is telling the truth and really doesn't know how it got there. What if another kid took it and then threw it in your child's backpack? Don't mean to scare you, but in this day and age you have to look at every possibility, what if the owner of the wallet was in your house stalking around and dropped his wallet in your house and made up the story about it being stolen?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
There is always the chance that your child is telling the truth and really doesn't know how it got there. What if another kid took it and then threw it in your child's backpack?
We agree!!?!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We agree!!?!
I guess a broken clock is right twice a day!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
It's not my child...just taking an informal poll.

The wallet in question wasn't in a backpack, it was in a dresser drawer or a closet in the kid's room.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
It's not my child...just taking an informal poll.

The wallet in question wasn't in a backpack, it was in a dresser drawer or a closet in the kid's room.
First let me say, I am glad it was not your child involved. While it is nice to always believe in your child...I have learned that ALL kids make mistakes...I would do as I said in my previous post. Sometimes the I don't know response is just not an acceptable answer. As much as I love my children and think they are good people there were times when the older two were growing up I had to rely on the old adage"...if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck...IT IS A DUCK". It was hard...but common sense is common sense. While I am not saying the child in question stole it, they sure know who did and how the darn thing got in THEIR DRAWER!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,096 times
Loveinbloom

You said yestreday CONSIDER ME GONE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania