Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 09:05 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why not? What is sooooo horrifically scarring about knowing that some people act and think differently than others??
I never said it was "scarring". When and if they ask, i'm sure their parents will have an answer for them. I just don't agree a gay pride festival is something they should be going to, we'll stick with county fairs and sesame place.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then that's your own issue. How hard is it to say that some boys like to dress up in girls clothes?
That is not normal for men to dress up in women's clothes, unless they're going to a Halloween party. If I had kids, I wouldn't know where to begin to try to explain that to them. How could I tell them with a straight face that the man over there likes to wear dresses. Weird. And I would certainly keep them away from gay pride festivals. I'm with sues1, amusements parks and fairs are just fine with me.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Default Some Straight men wear skirts

In Scotland, they wear the kilt, which is like a dress.

There are some Pacific Islanders who wear something like a skirt, even playing sports.

Women have been wearing men's clothes for years now, yet, when a man dares to do something of an opposite nature, all hell breaks lose!

Double standard here!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

There are some Pacific Islanders who wear something like a skirt, even playing sports.

Women have been wearing men's clothes for years now, yet, when a man dares to do something of an opposite nature, all hell breaks lose!

Double standard here!

No, it's not a double standard, the Scottish, wear a kilt, they don't put fake boobs on and makeup and look better than some women do.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Double standard here!
Oh come on, you're talking about something totally different here. Kilts are an Irish traditional piece of clothing for men. We're talking about scary looking men who get their jollies from looking like women, it's a sick perversion in my opinion. I want to know how we went from homophobia to drag queens? Am I wrong in saying that most drag queens aren't gay, they just have a sick fetish of dressing up to look like women?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
None of us are born with prejudice. It's a learned behavior. I'd rather teach my kids about drag queens, sex, STD's, etc. than teach them to hate anyone because they're "different" than them!!!

(JG tried to find that famous picture to post of the black & white babies playing together on YouTube, but all he could find was this.....)

At least it's funny as heck!!

YouTube - Baby Queen: We're Out of Pampers!
Thanx for the moment of levity on this hot topic in "The Valley".

Old 08-15-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Tell me, when should my sons sit their 7 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son down and discuss drag queens with them?
JG...answered that question in his #9 post???????

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Topic: Gay Pride Parade in NEPA with propponents & opponents.

Discussion:

Pro's- show of solidarity among NEPA gays & gay-friendly as well as education & entertainment for the straight people of NEPA.
Con's- NEPA people saying such an event is not "family-friendly" meaning having children see the event.

Taking children to the NEPA gay pride parade & seeing drag queens, same-sex people holding hands, booths on HIV & syphillis testing, etc. have to do with homosexuality as well as heterosexuality which deals with sex.

I don't understand how all of a sudden related topics that have a relevancy to the main topic are now "off-topic" all the time....
Very persuasive argument....gets my vote!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
They are 7 & 8 and i know no-one who has talked to their kids that young about drag queens, sorry. They are not my kids, they are my sons and i don't see them having this talk with them anytime soon. At 7 & 8 i hope they're not going to be "wandering" to a NEPA gay pridefest by themselves and i know neither one of my sons will take them.
Did you actually really read Jungle George's #9 post....because I'm confused too???? You tell them; When THEY Ask!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Well, it seems that I can't rep you. You sound like the best kind of Mom.
Thank you...I do try my best, all I ever wanted in life was to be a good Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania