Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM

183 posts, read 519,856 times

Advertisements

Relocated with my dogs to PA to the Pocono's nine months ago from out of state. Was immediately defrauded by a contractor and left with a demolished kitchen and little left of my savings. As a result, ALL of my time has been spent working with the Authorities and I have not met a soul! I'm growing homesick.

I am a very young 59, female, retired professional, eager to have PA friends. I am fun, cute, lively, kind, easy to know, considerate and honest. I enjoy food, errands, books, board games, films, walks, dogs and communication.

Anyone who is sincere, real, emotionally healthy and willing to be and have a wonderful friend, please contact me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Default STILL need friends

22 views; no replies except one - from MYSELF!

Please contact me here mod cut - please do not post e-mail addy's
I am an interesting person...... came here to co-author a book with a very popular writer.

Why no replies? I bathe - on the first of every month - whether I need it or not!

I live in Tobyhanna and have no hesitation to drive distances to meet.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-12-2009 at 05:18 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,738,175 times
OK! Ill be the first to bite at this one!
Your post would only be appealing to a very select few, of course it's going to be read! Us NEPA folks are a nosy bunch! Especially here on City Data! I don't think this is the place to get results. And if the moderators are now enforcing rules, I'm sure this thread will be moved, where it might get more results.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm baffled. "Appealing to a select few?" Why is that? I'm not looking for a husband... I'm looking for friends. Please enlighten me. Am I some sort of UFO? Did I move to the wrong State? My old friends miss me but now I appeal to a select few? Please please, tell me what that means?

Thanks in advance for your replies.....

Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM

889 posts, read 2,563,662 times
Focusing on one item, why don't you go to where some local people walk their dogs and you'll have something in common with a few folks.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:22 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,738,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapshoe View Post
I'm baffled. "Appealing to a select few?" Why is that? I'm not looking for a husband... I'm looking for friends. Please enlighten me. Am I some sort of UFO? Did I move to the wrong State? My old friends miss me but now I appeal to a select few? Please please, tell me what that means?

Thanks in advance for your replies.....

I'm sincerely sorry...I guess when you said you were 'cute'...I took it the wrong way.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Dog friends

Thanks for the response.

I, too, thought that was a great idea especially since my youngest dog is in dire need of a wrestling friend. Thus, I posted THAT request months ago, including invitations for dogs to wrestle in my own home, and received no reply. I've searched online and cannot locate such an area and, whoa, there are unfriendly dog owners in the community in which I reside.

I'm baffled. I've met people with ease all my life... until I arrived here.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Oh, my! I NEVER would have guessed! Thank you so much for telling me!

I added "cute" because I said I enjoy food but I didn't want to imply that I'm morbidly obese (not that I have any bias against the morbidly obese)......

Thank you so much. I would never have figured out your implication.

Regards,
Sherry

Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM

620 posts, read 2,049,616 times
I say get involved in a community project, volunteering has always been an easy way for me to make friends. And then you are meeting other people who care about the same things you do.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:38 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,646,251 times
Join a club or organization that might get your interest whether is it for pets or not and start helping that club or organization out. It can be tougher in a more rural area. I would highly recommend community service, they always need that. Or, even just look for a place to volunteer on your own continually such as the library. People are less likely to refuse free help, especially if you have some interests that relate to that organization. it's worth taking the risk of finding out later that you might be being taken advantage of only to move on to a different organization who will appreciate you for you. It can be hard to get out there, I know the feeling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania