U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 PM

3 posts, read 21,895 times

Advertisements

We recently looked at a house and are considering buying in Beech Mountain Lakes, Drums. We loved it but are very concerned because there seems to be a lot of homes for sale in that community. Is there something happening? Is it a safe place to live? Any information would be helpful! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 PM

420 posts, read 1,372,408 times
I'm from the Mountaintop/White Haven area and Beech Mountain has always been rather quiet. I think the past few years more and more homes have been going up in that development, maybe because more people are moving in from NJ/NY/Philly area. I haven't heard anything bad about living in that development, it might be because the county recently had a reassessment and maybe their property taxes went up. Trust me you should see how many homes in luzerne county have gone up for sale in the past year or two, and most haven't sold. I'm still seeing some of the same homes for sale from 2-3 years ago, they just aren't selling. So if I had to venture a guess I'd say it was because of the property taxes and not the crime or vandalism in the area.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the reply! I just want to be sure it is the housing market and not a situation where the community is going downhill.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:39 AM

6,577 posts, read 8,207,412 times
My in-laws have a "2nd home" in that complex (in fact, today we're going there for a few days) and we go there a few weekends/year, so I know it well.

Many (but far from all) of the homes are actually vacation homes and in this economy, many people have had to sell them. Also others who live there who have been affected by the recession have had to move as well. This is the reason you see this. It does not mean the complex is falling apart by any means though, in fact it's thriving.

It is gated and from what I have seen is a very nice place to live so don't hesitate to move there. Good luck!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:21 AM

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,667 times
I live in BML I must say it was nice 5 years ago now its been filled with City people and its run like a nazi Camp Lots OF BS and rules don't get me wrong rules are good but when the complain when you are using a leaf blower in the fall or Curfew for your kids to name a few Watch out....

Old 04-10-2011, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,711 times
Does anyone live in beech mountain with a little girl about age 9? We moved here last year and my little girl is having trouble finding playmates, as she is a bit shy. If so, please email me at [email]smetzger@avvpa.com[/email]

Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 4,484 times
I own a piece of property, about a 1/3 of an acre at BML, on edge rock drive near the entrence, I would like to sell, if anyone is interested, contact me @ [email]davidkbear@aol.com[/email].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania