Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Slightly off topic but Interesting story about 40Lb. Head, a handicapped friend in a wheel chair, handicapped parking meters and the Ocean City Maryland cops. They were all down the beach and piled into the handicapped dudes van because he has handicapped sticker and well it's a van and everyone could get in. Really no choice as he has to drive there no matter what. So they park the van in a handicapped spot and come back to find a cop ticketing the van. Seems his placard or sticker was expired... so the dude is sitting there in his wheel chair and cop keeps on writing... they go to police station and roll him into the police station to show he is in fact handicapped... still no sympathy, pay the ticket...

The cop has been forever immortalized in the song "The Worm and the Toad" a fan favorite if you're familiar with 40Lb head. Bit of trivia while I'm at it, this song was among the top 50 song on the original MP3.com for few weeks way back in t late '98 or so. Enjoy!

THE WORM & THE TOAD (http://40lbhead.com/misc/protected/Savior Self/the_worm_and_the_toad.mp3 - broken link)

Here I am again brought down by something
Try to make it quick cause actually it's nothing
Got swallowed by a toad crossing a sidewalk
I was moving too slow slithering away
Enjoying myself getting to where I'm going
I didn't see it coming
Should have heard the thumping

And he nipped really quick
It wasn't really fair
But then nothing really is, now is it
Shows no compassion
Does what he has to do
Doesn't consider me
No never, my friend
No never, again

He's got to eat to get bigger and fatter and ugly
That's why I died that day
I know it's got to be someone
Why can't it be you
But it never is you piece of ****

And he nipped really quick
It wasn't really fair
But then nothing really is, now is it
Shows no compassion
Does what he has to do
Doesn't consider me
No never, my friend
No never, again
No never, my friend
No never, again

So Now I know why you don't care
And neither do the dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania