U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 AM

4,167 posts, read 6,735,245 times
Default The Hideout

HI there
I was wondering if anyone knows the answer. If we bought a vacation home in The Hideout, do they allow you to park an RV on the site and if not, is there parking for an RV?

Also ; if we were to rent the vacation home out to other vacationers, is that allowed and is there an annual fee to do so?

Thanks
dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 PM

934 posts, read 1,866,926 times
Default You should call the association

The best thing to do is call the homeowners association in the Hide Out.
Each community has it's own set of rules. some don't even allow fences let alone RV's.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

2,835 posts, read 6,993,433 times
Hi, I live in The Hideout. You can not park an RV by your property. The Hideout has a campground, and there is a storage area in the campground for people who own RV's. There may be a fee for storage, I'm not sure. You can keep a boat by your house though.
As far as renting out your home, yes you can rent it out, many do by the weekend, week and month. Rentals get top dollar in the summer. There is a fee paid to The POA for rentals, depending on the length of time, but it is usually paid by the renter. All rentals should be done through the POA. They will find out if your renting your home without going through them.
If you have any other questions, Id be happy to answer. If ou do a search on this forum, I have answered a number of inquiries on The Hideout.
Good LucK!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,837 times
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a lot in the Hideout to build a future retirement get away. I was wondering what the HOA fees are at this time? Any other thoughts you may have that I should know of would be most welcome too.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Old 08-12-2007, 08:33 PM

The Hideout fees are about $1,100. per year right now. There is also an additional fee of $178. per quarter for sewer and water.
If you are thinking of buying a lot in The Hideout, check out the lots in the tax repository at the Wayne County Court House. I purchased a lot for $300.00 which was free of taxes for that year and all back taxes are wiped clean. BUT! You still need to do a title search on the property, mine had a lien which required us to obtain a 'quiet title', we needed a lawyer and the whole process took 8 months to get a clear title as well as about $3,000. in lawyers fees. Many people bought these lots a few years back and many did not do title searches and are now selling them. Be careful what you buy. So many people were under the impression that since back taxes were wiped clean, there was nothing to worry about. Do a title search!! You don't want the original property owner coming back and saying they want their land back after you have built a house on it. Even the real estates are selling lots that were bought by individuals looking to make a profit on these lots.
Glad to help if you have any further questions.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 11,837 times
Thank you! I am from the East originally and my wife and I are considering that area for retirment. All I know at this point is that it looks like I can get a nice lot for a resonable price and the community water and sewer is certainly way ahead of a well and septic tank.

I don't know too much else about the community and we were planning on coming out to take a look to get a feel for the place. It is hard to really get to know a place in a couple weeks though and I would very much appreciate your insights. Is it a fairly peaceful place to live? I am still a few years away and we were considering building something in advance, that would be vacant a good part of the year. I was curious if there is much problem with crime and vandalism?

Thanks again for the info. The pictures I have seen on the internet look very appealing and the pricing make it seem like a great value too.

Jime

Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM

422 posts, read 1,441,823 times
I have family in the Hideout as well. 2 sets of Aunts and Uncles are retired and living there and my parents have a home there too-they use it for vacation, they've had it since 1990.

I love going there and my kids enjoy it too. There are young families that live there too--its not just retirees.

You need to be an outgoing person to live there (my opinon), join the groups and get a hobby, enjoy the life there. Unfortunately, my parents are NOT very outgoing so they would basically live there and not socialize with anyone. On the other hand, my A & U love it and are in some social groups there.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM

12 posts, read 29,388 times
Lake Adventure in Dingmans Ferry and Trails End in Shohola are RV parks.
Moderator cut: realtor soliciting

Last edited by Marka; 08-17-2007 at 07:57 AM..

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 PM

jimwilliamsutah...
I have responded to many inquiries about the Hideout here on this forum. Do a search for this topic and read all that has been posted. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
I have lived in The Hideout for 13 years, I moved here with my husband and 2 daughters from NY. My daughters were 2 and 6, and now are approaching 16 & 20, so they gre up in The Hideout. I have gone from being involved in all ssorts of things, to right now...not being involved in any. That is what is great about The hideout, if you are active, there is plenty to do and get involved in, many groups and clubs. If you like to keep to yourself, that is fine too, although you are paying for the amenities! We basically keep to ourselves right now. The Hideout is very quiet, low if non-existent crime and no vandalism issues. There are many homes that are vacant for much of the year and they don't have any problems. Security is very good at knowing who lives full time and who doesn't, as well as your own neighbors.
I'd be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 24 times
Why is it,just about every time I pass through Hamlin,There's state police with their lights flashing out in front of "the Hideout"?Must be a great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania