Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,745,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Bring up another dead horse..... Arcaros, top of Taylor hill... but you have to eat it there it cant be reheated...
Arcaro's is good....but I think it makes good cold pizza the next day too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,625,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
There's almost no need to eat frozen pizza in this area, there's pretty much a pizza place on every corner, and that frozen pizza costs about as much as just ordering pizza. Although I guess I would rather a frozen pizza than Domino's or Pizza Hut.

Although not a traditional pizza place, I like the pizza from Wegman's. Sam's Club makes decent pizza too, as long as you get it when its fresh out of the oven.
I actually like Pizza Hut, once in awhile, it's actually not that bad. I can't say the same for Domino's, which tastes like cardboard. Pizza Hut is better than most Old Forge style pizza places, in my opinion.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,764,226 times
I'd honestly say the best pizza in Pa is to take a drive into Jersey

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,625,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'd honestly say the best pizza in Pa is to take a drive into Jersey
That's actually a good idea!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,726,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevygaL4 View Post
Mike's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant!

Moved to Honesdale from Nutley, NJ last year. Mike's is the ONLY good pizza around... I used to frequent his parents' pizza place in Nutley (back in the 80's), & my mom was going there WAY before that!

I live right off Main Street, a block or so from the historic district of Honesdale, & I've tried EVERY place around here. I will forever make the drive to Mike's from now on! Their pizza is incredibly consistant when it comes to taste.

Route 590 West
Lakeville, PA
570-226-2990
Open 7 days a week 11am - 10pm

I ordered a pizza there with my daughter, the idea of just bringing the leftovers home. It honestly was the WORST pizza I ever had. Impossible to even hold in your hands, just a disgusting sloppy mess. A fork and knife, (which no former NYer should have to resort to!) We ended up leaving what was left.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,764,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I ordered a pizza there with my daughter, the idea of just bringing the leftovers home. It honestly was the WORST pizza I ever had. Impossible to even hold in your hands, just a disgusting sloppy mess. A fork and knife, (which no former NYer should have to resort to!) We ended up leaving what was left.
Yea, i don't want to eat pizza with a fork and knife, that's just not right. You put the slice in your hands, fold it in half and eat!!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM

273 posts, read 953,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Yea, i don't want to eat pizza with a fork and knife, that's just not right. You put the slice in your hands, fold it in half and eat!!!!!
IIRC,the boys at Maruca's on the Seaside Hieghts boards said a good slice of pie drips down your arm

Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,938,344 times
I used to live in W.B. but have been in Pittsburgh for the last several years. The thing I miss the most is the Pizza! You guys don't know how lucky you are when it comes to pizza. Everything here is the same....same old neopolitan style, mozerella cheese, etc. If you told someone in Pittsburgh that you like fried pizza , they wouldn't know what you were talking about. White pizza? Around here that means regular pizza without the sauce. Here are some of my favs. from the valley - I don't remember all the names:
Savoys (Larksville)- uses cheddar cheese blend
Victory Pig (Forty Fort)- fried pizza
Ravellos (Old Forge) - double crusted white pizza
Grotos (Harvey's Lake) - basic Neopolitan
Can't remember the Italian place on the Ave. near Forty Fort that had a sweet tomato sauce...

Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,336,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
I used to live in W.B. but have been in Pittsburgh for the last several years. The thing I miss the most is the Pizza! You guys don't know how lucky you are when it comes to pizza. Everything here is the same....same old neopolitan style, mozerella cheese, etc. If you told someone in Pittsburgh that you like fried pizza , they wouldn't know what you were talking about. White pizza? Around here that means regular pizza without the sauce. Here are some of my favs. from the valley - I don't remember all the names:
Savoys (Larksville)- uses cheddar cheese blend
Victory Pig (Forty Fort)- fried pizza
Ravellos (Old Forge) - double crusted white pizza
Grotos (Harvey's Lake) - basic Neopolitan
Can't remember the Italian place on the Ave. near Forty Fort that had a sweet tomato sauce...
Yes, pizza in the Wilkes-Barre area is light years ahead of pizza in many areas of this country. If you traveled even a little you would know this. I'm not a big fan of Old Forge style pizza, but there are plenty of New York style pizzerias in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania