Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
Summering did you ever get to try Bascilicos Pizza in Dickson City? I like their pizza the best here in NEPA.
Yes, Roxxy........I sure did get there. Just a few weeks ago. I was impressed by the KINDS of Pizza they offer. All types.......Now that is nice.
However we only eat plain cheese, or on rare occasions I will have a ziti pizza....Just ONE of those, because they are too filling.
I liked the pizza there......I did.......
I also love New York Pizza Girl because their sauce is mild ( I need mild) and its not bitter.......and the cheese they pile on is awesome.
Can't say I don't still miss our MIKES........The place that burnt down. I see no progress on his building. Sometimes I think of how I just like to go there and chill.....sit, relax, have pizza,and watch the TV........Missing Mikes a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I hate to say this but you can get reallllllly bad pizza in NYC. Being that you have many pizzerias you dont always find good pizza. I can name about 5 places that make good pizza. But I found good pizza here in NEPA too.
This is ME...........I have yet to find the good NY Pizza. I keep going to really bad tasting places......One day I might hit the best, or trying to be....but I havn't yet.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
On The Office, when Michael Scott went to NYC, he went to Sbarro for authentic NY pizza.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
On The Office, when Michael Scott went to NYC, he went to Sbarro for authentic NY pizza.
LOL to funny!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
This is ME...........I have yet to find the good NY Pizza. I keep going to really bad tasting places......One day I might hit the best, or trying to be....but I havn't yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I dont care for Sbarro's pizza.

Summering alot of people love L&B (spumoni gardens) Pizza, I like it but dont love it. There is a pizzeria in Coney Island that has great pizza called Totonnos. Someone told me they are going out of business but they still have a website. They make great pies, no slices though. BTW these are Brooklyn places. there are many others that are great. If you go to Brooklyn let me know and I will try to reccommend a place to try.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I dont care for Sbarro's pizza.

Summering alot of people love L&B (spumoni gardens) Pizza, I like it but dont love it. There is a pizzeria in Coney Island that has great pizza called Totonnos. Someone told me they are going out of business but they still have a website. They make great pies, no slices though. BTW these are Brooklyn places. there are many others that are great. If you go to Brooklyn let me know and I will try to reccommend a place to try.
Usually I am in Manhattan in the Theater district or on Broadway......Radio City area. Bryant Park.......Walking, walking........
Taking pictures..... I love the city......and I love it most at Christmas time.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:41 PM

41 posts, read 211,512 times
let me see now.............I thought about the Best Pizza in PA, I LIKE CERTAIN KIND OF PIZZA- BECAUSE THAT IS MY PREFERENCE, ITS GOT TO BE CRISPY, THIN SLICE, LITTLE OIL, CHEESE HAS TO BE COOKED( STUFF WOULD BE ALMOST FALLING OFF THE PIZZA), AND THE PIZZA HAS TO BE COOKED< OH DID I REPEAT MYSELF> I tried another Pizza Parlor in Scranton---of course I forgot the name of it, that was good pizza also....But in any event I apologize to any one I offended on this or any other post...I love PA I HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS, ALTHOUGH SOME OF THESE ARE TRUTHS ABOUT PA WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE......

Old 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM

16 posts, read 37,084 times
Default Hey Summering,

Could the pizza your talking about be called Imos pizza by chance? If so I know exctally what your talking about I am from 15 minutes away from stl missouri and thats where the home base is for it there.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:27 PM

127 posts, read 290,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurag8707 View Post
Could the pizza your talking about be called Imos pizza by chance? If so I know exctally what your talking about I am from 15 minutes away from stl missouri and thats where the home base is for it there.
When I read that post that was exactly what I was thinking. I had Imos pizza when I was in Illinois (extremely close to St. Louis) and it wasn't too shabby either.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 AM

176 posts, read 650,865 times
For something a little different, try Waymart Hotel pizza. I think it's made with Cooper cheese and it's very popular- and quite tasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania