Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times

Advertisements

^I've had the cheesesteak pizza from Waymart Hotel. It was OK.

One of my all time favorite pizza places no longer exists: Totony's Gourmet Pizza - it was on Main St. in Honesdale. Had a nice selection of different kinds of pies. My favorite was taco pizza!

Another good pizza place is Kay's Restaurant in Lake Ariel. I love the white pizza they serve there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougargm View Post
For something a little different, try Waymart Hotel pizza. I think it's made with Cooper cheese and it's very popular- and quite tasty!
They make their pizza with american cheese, its supposed to be made with mozzerella. I like their burgers though!

Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
They make their pizza with american cheese, its supposed to be made with mozzerella. I like their burgers though!
Maybe someone should tell them they are using the 'wrong' cheese? They probably don't know.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,261 times
Arcaros , top of Taylor Hill just on the Scranton line ,..excellent, but you have to eat it there when its hot...it loses its taste when reheated or when it gets cold. They have several different varieties.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Maybe someone should tell them they are using the 'wrong' cheese? They probably don't know.
Its ok if you like it with American cheese, that is not why I said what I said. It is not pizza if its made with American cheese. It is a variation of pizza that is made their way. Pizza is an Italian dish and is made with mozzerella. But I guess to each his own!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-06-2009 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: deleted ad

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post

Its ok if you like it with American cheese, that is not why I said what I said. It is not pizza if its made with American cheese. It is a variation of pizza that is made their way. Pizza is an Italian dish and is made with mozzerella. But I guess to each his own!

Pizza with mozzarella is no more of a "real pizza" than pizza with American cheese. The truth is that all American pizza is a bastardization of real Italian pizza, including your precious NY pizza. No American pizza is anything like pizza from Italy. In Italy, different kinds of cheeses are used, depending on the region, not strictly mozzarella. And they use all sorts of toppings and ingredients in Italy that make it nothing like American pizza.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Pizza with mozzarella is no more of a "real pizza" than pizza with American cheese. The truth is that all American pizza is a bastardization of real Italian pizza, including your precious NY pizza. No American pizza is anything like pizza from Italy. In Italy, different kinds of cheeses are used, depending on the region, not strictly mozzarella. And they use all sorts of toppings and ingredients in Italy that make it nothing like American pizza.
Traditional pizza is made with mozzerella and most other pizza is made with mozzerella. There are other variations that use ingredients that use other types of cheese and pizza is also made with only tomato sauce.

As far as Our PRECIOUS NY Pizza...many pizzerias in NYC make all types of pizza but I never seen any with American Cheese. Its all according to taste anyway, its what you like. In Italy traditionally its Mozzerella.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Pizza seems to be where that uppity NY attitude really comes out. If NY is so superior, please don't hesitate to go back!

By the way, it WATER not "wooder" and its a tray, not a pie. Pies come in apple, pumpkin, cherry, lemon meringue, etc.

And since you're so hung up on mozzarella, you may want to learn how to spell it.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times
Best pizza ever was Two Guys from Italy in Montrose. But I think they are gone now (its been about 5 years since I've been back there).

I know one of the brothers opened up the Mastersoreo's in South Montrose and in Tunkhannock. I am 99% sure the one in Tunkhannock is still there. I still ask my parents for a chicken parm from there as well as a shroom pizza every time I go home. Man, I am hungry now. Too bad the pizza where I live now is mediocre. Oh well.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Pizza seems to be where that uppity NY attitude really comes out. If NY is so superior, please don't hesitate to go back!

By the way, it WATER not "wooder" and its a tray, not a pie. Pies come in apple, pumpkin, cherry, lemon meringue, etc.

And since you're so hung up on mozzarella, you may want to learn how to spell it.
You really need to reread the posts. I wasnt nasty with you. I dont get the attitude. If you dont like what I say please feel free to ignore me I am not trying to be confrontational with you or anyone else. I was only giving my opinion on pizza. I really dont care about how you say certain words or phrases or how you think they should be said this is not what this thread was about. It was only about pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania