Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Yes Wegmans can get crowded, but it never seems insane like Wal-Mart. Its usually tolerable there. Wal-Mart on the weekends just annoys me to no end.
I like to go to Walmart early in the am. I just can't deal with all those people, it's nice around 7 am. When the one in Taylor opens up i'll be going to Dickson City for a while, because i'm thinking everyone will be in Taylor.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Completely uncalled for, shows your age. Hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Lol...thank you for posting what I was thinking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
sigh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Probably not as bad as the taste in your mouth from your hasty move to NOVA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
How many units have YOU rented?
What? From the get-go most of you thought this was a "pie-in-the-sky" endeavor that was going to fall flat upon its face in a trail of broken promises and pipe dreams. Now it's been proven a success, and instead of giving credit where credit is due you all choose to attack the messenger? I'll never understand the obsession so many of you have with seeing your downtown NOT improve. Your city overall can NOT get better unless you invest in your core.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Now it's been proven a success,
Once its actually open and lasts with all it units rented for a year, then maybe it will be considered a success.

There is still plenty of time for problems and issues to arise and tenants to not move in or move out once they realize that the downtown is dead, not dying, but DEAD.

The 500 block was a success in your eyes, you couldn't stop going on about it, well still feel that way? Its empty.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:30 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Your city overall can NOT get better unless you invest in your core.
Nope....that's putting the cart before the horse. You need to invest in the neighborhoods, keep residents here, and attract new residents, and then the "core" will revive. "If you build it, they will come" is failed policy. Make the neighborhoods safe and clean with at least competitive taxes with surrounding communities, and the whole city will be better off in the long run, including downtown.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? Paul, you have NO creedence downing others for not living here when YOU CHOOSE NOT TO.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? Paul, you have NO creedence downing others for not living here when YOU CHOOSE NOT TO.
Exactly....its like a divorced guy still showing up to complain about what his ex-wife is doing.

But we better watch or this thread will degenerate into another RR pity party.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Exactly....its like a divorced guy still showing up to complain about what his ex-wife is doing.

But we better watch or this thread will degenerate into another RR pity party.
I don't mind when former residents of the area post here because they know what the area is like and such. I do, however, have a HUGE issue with someone who moved away because he (a) couldn't find a job here, (b) found the culture unwelcoming to his alternative lifestyle (though I have friends who disagree with him there) and (c) thinks the overall tone of the area is negative, then turning around to complain about CURRENT residents stating the same things!!!

I don't get it.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
I love party's!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
What? From the get-go most of you thought this was a "pie-in-the-sky" endeavor that was going to fall flat upon its face in a trail of broken promises and pipe dreams. Now it's been proven a success, and instead of giving credit where credit is due you all choose to attack the messenger? I'll never understand the obsession so many of you have with seeing your downtown NOT improve. Your city overall can NOT get better unless you invest in your core.
Where is YOUR investment Paul? Oh that's right. It's in NoVA and soon to be in Pitt. Pfffttt. Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25
I do, however, have a HUGE issue with someone who moved away because he (a) couldn't find a job here, (b) found the culture unwelcoming to his alternative lifestyle (though I have friends who disagree with him there) and (c) thinks the overall tone of the area is negative, then turning around to complain about CURRENT residents stating the same things!!!
When people disagree with his opinion, Reston's posts come of as whiny b*tchfests, nothing more. (And for the record, I'm not coming out and calling the POSTER a whiny b*tch, just his posts.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86
From the get-go most of you thought this was a "pie-in-the-sky" endeavor that was going to fall flat upon its face in a trail of broken promises and pipe dreams.
Most? Try three or four. MOST of us took a "wait and see" attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86
Now it's been proven a success...
Care to elaborate? What is it exactly that is proving the success? Are these units actually occupied? Are the tenants actively contributing to the local economy? REPEATING MY QUESTION......How many of these units have YOU rented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania