Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's Your Favorite Shopping Destination In The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Area?
Wyoming Valley Mall 4 30.77%
Viewmont Mall 1 7.69%
Steamtown Mall 0 0%
Shoppes @ Montage 4 30.77%
Downtown Wilkes-Barre 2 15.38%
Downtown Scranton 0 0%
Laurel Mall 0 0%
West Side Shopping Center 1 7.69%
Schuylkill Mall 1 7.69%
Other; Please specify. 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,432,455 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. When I was a kid I loved downtown Wilkes-Barre; you had The Boston Store(I think Boscovs now) and an equally large Department store at the corner of Market st. and Public Square, along with many other stores.

Later in life I would also shop at The Wyoming Valley Mall; which was a big mall, when it was built and a "novelty" for the valley.

So where do you shop or like to shop? You may pick more than one and I may have missed a few....LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 PM

127 posts, read 288,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm just curious. When I was a kid I loved downtown Wilkes-Barre; you had The Boston Store(I think Boscovs now) and an equally large Department store at the corner of Market st. and Public Square, along with many other stores.

Later in life I would also shop at The Wyoming Valley Mall; which was a big mall, when it was built and a "novelty" for the valley.

So where do you shop or like to shop? You may pick more than one and I may have missed a few....LOL.
Ah It was the Boston Store (Fowler, Dick & Walker), Woolworths, around the corner was Kresgee's (sp?) or another five and dime, a burger place on the corner and the other large department store you are thinking of was Pomeroy's. The other side of the Square had a cinema and the newspaper stands.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,432,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrovintage View Post
Ah It was the Boston Store (Fowler, Dick & Walker), Woolworths, around the corner was Kresgee's (sp?) or another five and dime, a burger place on the corner and the other large department store you are thinking of was Pomeroy's. The other side of the Square had a cinema and the newspaper stands.
Memories...LOL.I did remember Pomeroys; but wasn't sure anyone else would remember...I forgot about the Fowler.....name, before it became the Boston store. I remember making a day of it and walking along the levee system. Now there is a new and wonderful riverfront.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,745,416 times
Out of those choices, I have to pick the Shoppes at Montage. We go there for the Christmas Tree Shop, Childrens Place, Panchero's, Portrait Innovations, Longhorn Steakhouse, Johnny Rockets and Cinemark right across the street.

I pretty much never go to the other malls....a couple of times a year maybe.

But on a regular basis, our shopping consists of Target, Sams Club, Wal-Mart, Kohls, etc.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,246,127 times
I usually go to the West Side Mall out of convenience. It is closer, and not as packed as Wyoming Valley Mall for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania