Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times

Advertisements

We offer some really good advice on this forum. I wouldn't want anyone to just do what we say--cause we did OUR homework before we made the leap. Just remember what works for some, might not work for others.

I would not buy a home on ebay or craigslist. That is my opinion.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 AM

42 posts, read 148,026 times
Hi Molly my names Ryan. I'm actually a school counselor and live in Philly. I would like to take my 9 year old son up to the Poconos in the next few weeks. I've never really been there in the fall (or any other season for that matter) and not sure where to stay or where the best activities are being that the area is so big.

I definitely don't want that new disney-like lodge place. I am put off by corporate tourist trap type stuff. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Ryan

Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM

42 posts, read 148,026 times
Default forgot to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
We offer some really good advice on this forum. I wouldn't want anyone to just do what we say--cause we did OUR homework before we made the leap. Just remember what works for some, might not work for others.

I would not buy a home on ebay or craigslist. That is my opinion.
Hi Molly-I forgot to ask: where in the poconos are you and how was the humidity this past summer and few months when it was still extremely humid down here? Thanks, Ryan

Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM

OK
I am still gonna say...GREAT WOLF Lodge--all the way. I live a few miles from it.
But maybe the Bushkill area, with the waterfalls and trails will be good.
Camelback in the snowy season is awesome. EXIT 299 off of 80.

Humidity?? What is this you speak of??? I live in my CENTRAL A/C. LOL

Some days are very humid but all in all not so bad...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwex View Post
Hi Molly my names Ryan. I'm actually a school counselor and live in Philly. I would like to take my 9 year old son up to the Poconos in the next few weeks. I've never really been there in the fall (or any other season for that matter) and not sure where to stay or where the best activities are being that the area is so big.

I definitely don't want that new disney-like lodge place. I am put off by corporate tourist trap type stuff. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Ryan
Just wondering if you meant that you don't want the disney-like lodge, if you meant you didn't want Great Wolf?
Actually Great Wolf is the best place to bring a child, its nestled in the woods, and has great entertainment for kids.
Perhaps, if you don't like the Lodge ( which really has nothing to do with Disney) You might like the Chateau at Camelback.........which is a general lodge. Just the typical ski lodge type of place. They do have an indoor pool. Some of the rooms are two floors and have magnificant views.
From there you can drive up to the very tip of Camelback Mt. and look out thru the magnifiers at the fall foilage.
What else do you like? There is some horseback riding on 611. Great shopping at the Outlets. You can rent a canoe on the river. Maybe a hike up to Hawk Mt. would be fun. It all depends on your taste of what you like to do.........

Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times
Hi Molly,

What is wrong with putting a home for sale on Craigslist? We are listed with a realtor, but put it on craiglist to get it out there? Any interested buyers still have to go to the realtor. The more advertising the better especially when you want to sell!

The Hat

Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Hi Molly,

What is wrong with putting a home for sale on Craigslist? We are listed with a realtor, but put it on craiglist to get it out there? Any interested buyers still have to go to the realtor. The more advertising the better especially when you want to sell!

The Hat
Nothing is wrong with--its FREE advertising, good for you. I just wouldn't believe it and wouldn't put money down on it, unless it was legit. And some things on Craigs list are not legit from what I hear, while some are legit. Its just my opinon as I stated. But if its backed by a realtor, great. Good luck in selling.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM

14 posts, read 47,559 times
Hi there - I want to bring my children to the Poconos for Christmas...any suggestions?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:23 AM

Great Wolf Lodge, has TONS of holiday activities inside the place its beautifully decorated and really christmassy feeling. Best time of the year to visit--gorgeous inside.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 AM

755 posts, read 2,333,908 times
How expensive is it if you don't stay at the lodge? Just visit for the day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania