Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:55 AM

148 posts, read 264,137 times

Advertisements

Clinics will be held this Wednesday and next Wednesday where swine flu vaccines will be offered to pregnant women only in Lackawanna County. There are at the following locations:

From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Physicians Health Alliance location on Quincy Avenue in Scranton.

From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Physicians Health Alliance location on Adams Avenue in Scranton.

From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Maternal Health and Family Services on Colfax Avenue in Scranton. This is for members only.

From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Scranton Primary Health Care on Wyoming Avenue in Scranton.
Copyright © 2009, WNEP-TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 02:24 AM

16 posts, read 36,961 times
Ok, I feel the need to clear up some misguided facts on this forum. First someone stated this has killed more people then the reg. flu is completely wrong. In most areas there are so many people with the flu that if you have any remote symptoms they are classifing you as a swine flu patient, because they can not simply keep up with the demand of patients who are flooding the doctors and ers with every little sneeze and cough. Also most of the people who have died from this swine flu have had underlying conditions as well that made their chances of fighting off the swine flu much much harder. Another thing I find interesting is how people are so quick to forgo healthy lifestyles and think that a quick shot of a bunch of toxins into their systems is the cure all for everything. Now I know there will be someone on here who will make the comment well vaccines have greatly decreased diseases from back in the day again I say WRONG! Disease are greatly down not because of vaccines but because we are a cleaner and more medically advanced society then we ever were back then. Another thing I have to state I have never ever in my life gotten a flu shot I am 22 years old and I have never ever had the flu. Actually the last time I had a cold was over two years ago. Would you like to know why? I eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, I make lots of my food from scratch since it is a proven fact processed foods are terrible for your immune and disgestive systems. Also I make sure I have plenty of vitiamins in me and I make sure to dress appropirately for the weather and everything. Same with my child my child always has socks on his feet, an undershirt on ect in cold weather. He gets his vitiamins and eats healthy as can be and I have never had an issue with him and he is 3. The swine flu is hype you have to go beyond what the media and government tells you and do your research when it comes to vaccines. We have so many toxins in our systems today that is takes 50 percent less embalming fluid when we die to clean us out then it did 40 years ago! Now that says something all in itself! Also I would like to add do your research on what is actually in those vaccines and if you still feel comfortable with the mercury, alumnium, monkey kidneys, dead aborted fetus cells and so on then all the power to you!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times
My apologies to NEPA forum for not paying attention to this thread. Shall we move this to the off topic thread or perhaps to the Health forum? - http://www.city-data.com/forum/health-wellness/. I'm sorry, but it can't stay here, because there are only a couple of posts pertaining to NEPA - this really is a national issue. I'm going out and will check in later today and move it. A third possibility is to just close it and more talk could continue on the health forum where it looks like they have a few threads going on about this right now.

Terms of service clearly state: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

"All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants."

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
My apologies to NEPA forum for not paying attention to this thread. Shall we move this to the off topic thread or perhaps to the Health forum? - http://www.city-data.com/forum/health-wellness/. I'm sorry, but it can't stay here, because there are only a couple of posts pertaining to NEPA - this really is a national issue. I'm going out and will check in later today and move it. A third possibility is to just close it and more talk could continue on the health forum where it looks like they have a few threads going on about this right now.

"All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants."
It WAS suppose to be about where, and when to get the swine flu shot.. In the NEPA area, not a debate.. so if it gets moved.. less chance we can help one another find out where to get it!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,568,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post

Did you even read the first post? This thread is here for people to post WHERE to get the flu shots in the area. If the posts relating to the debate are "Against the rulez" then why don't you simply delete those posts? Moving the entire thread seems very ridiculous..

Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Did you even read the first post? This thread is here for people to post WHERE to get the flu shots in the area. If the posts relating to the debate are "Against the rulez" then why don't you simply delete those posts? Moving the entire thread seems very ridiculous..
The first six posts on the first page are great, as is post on this page from Simons, the OP. In between are pages of posts about the flu in general. It would be great if the conversation could get back to places where vaccines are offered for those that want to get them.

I was thinking of those people that apparently want to debate whether the shots are a good idea or not since there seem to be more of them then the people that want local information.

I know I find it frustrating on bulletin boards in general (not even talking about city-data in particular) when I ask a simple question or just want to share some information and the whole thing turns into a debate and the original post intention is lost. How about focusing a bit more on the reason the OP started the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
We should make a thread for those of us that are first in line for this shot. I know they had it at the Kirby center tonight , and on Monday.. but I am in Lackawannna coun.ty. If I don't see it coming this way soon. I will make my kids go there.. They are 19, and 20. Do you think they will have this available at colleges? Thanks for any help

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,579,086 times
Maybe if we delete the one debate issue........and go back to what the title is.........
Where to get the NEPA shots. It should stay.
But, don't you all think the debate part belongs in health.
Personally I know very healthy people who get the flu.
The theory that I am more healthy because I jog......( look at the joggers who died while jogging)
How about "My" husband won't have a heart attack because I feed him right........emmmmhemmmm.
( I know a few of them too)........Life throws a lot of curve balls, careful or not.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 PM

My kids are able to get their H1N1 shots from their personal doctor in Clarks Summit. I am soooo HAPPY! I hope you can all get it .. I will keep my eyes open for other places for you all..

Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,928,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
My kids are able to get their H1N1 shots from their personal doctor in Clarks Summit. I am soooo HAPPY! I hope you can all get it .. I will keep my eyes open for other places for you all..
that would be awesome, ty!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,579,086 times
I guess I should ask the doctor when I get my Nov. appt. but, that isn't until the end of NOV. and by then........the flu season should be almost over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania