Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:32 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
IMO, you're missing something. If he was such a good judge, then he should have known better. If I were a resident of Luzerne County, which I am not at this point in my life, I definately would expect better from my elected officials, and especially from sitting judges and former district attorneys who are supposed to be 'good' and 'honorable' and who I expect to know better.

I also agree with the previous comments. How could someone described as a good, hard working judge and former district attorney, who was supposedly on top of his game, not know something was rotten? To believe that means either a.) he knew/suspected and did nothing, or b.) did not know. If it's b, he's not so good and he deserved to be let go, even sooner that the election. If it's a, he should be held accountable. Just like all the other players who kept quiet about it.
A-freaking-Men!! Oh, and I'm a Luzerne County resident....pleased with the election results, and yes Magritte, I possess critical thinking skills, tyvm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So basically what you are saying is if you're co-worker is say, embezzling money, and you didn't know or weren't sure and they get in trouble, you're arse should be on the line too?

That doesn't sit right with me.
How could he NOT have known SOMETHING was awry? Seriously? He might have been a good judge, and hey maybe, MAYBE he really had NO idea what was going on.....but how are we the voters to know that for sure? If he honestly had no knowledge of it, then it's unfortunate that he is a victim of Luzerne County's current circumstances....but them's the brakes! Better safe than sorry, IMO.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 PM

889 posts, read 2,574,340 times
Quote:
So basically what you are saying is if you're co-worker is say, embezzling money, and you didn't know or weren't sure and they get in trouble, you're arse should be on the line too?

That doesn't sit right with me.
Way off the mark comaprison. But I'll play along. If I didnt know, of course not. If I "wasn't sure" implies I suspected something, and yes in this case I'd blow the whistle based on suspicions.

A completely different situation for a sitting judge and former DA. He's supposed to rise above all that. Just because he's a former DA and now a judge, yes, he damn well better be blowing the whistle at the first microscopic hint of suspicion. But again that's not the point. For him to be DA for what, 8 years and then a judge for another few years, he'd have to have been blind and deaf to not see what was going on.

I don't buy into your arguments at all.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 7,534 times
Anyone notice the new Welcome to Scranton sign on the expressway? LoL

Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 PM

127 posts, read 290,427 times
Quote:
You could look it at that way or you could look at it that many Luzerne County voters lack critical thinking skills.

I hardly think they lack critical thinking. Peter Paul did go after the drug dealer in the past and is later partying with him? Seriously, I think perhaps YOU lack the critical thinking on this one.

Luzerne County has had enough of shady judges and voted correctly here.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
How could he NOT have known SOMETHING was awry? Seriously? He might have been a good judge, and hey maybe, MAYBE he really had NO idea what was going on.....but how are we the voters to know that for sure? If he honestly had no knowledge of it, then it's unfortunate that he is a victim of Luzerne County's current circumstances....but them's the brakes! Better safe than sorry, IMO.

That's the breaks?

Well I wholeheartedly disagree. It's disheartening to see so many people just don't care that they voted a such a great judge out because of slanderous reporting practices.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
Way off the mark comaprison. But I'll play along. If I didnt know, of course not. If I "wasn't sure" implies I suspected something, and yes in this case I'd blow the whistle based on suspicions.

A completely different situation for a sitting judge and former DA. He's supposed to rise above all that. Just because he's a former DA and now a judge, yes, he damn well better be blowing the whistle at the first microscopic hint of suspicion. But again that's not the point. For him to be DA for what, 8 years and then a judge for another few years, he'd have to have been blind and deaf to not see what was going on.

I don't buy into your arguments at all.

That's alright. Your entitled to your opinion. I don't buy into the guilty by association argument.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM

127 posts, read 290,427 times
It wasn't slanderous tactics. Peter Paul PROSECUTED this low-life drug dealer and THEN was down in Florida hanging out with him? Seriously, if you prosecute a drug dealer like him, surely you are going to remember WHO he is right? Facts are facts...

Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
That's the breaks?

Well I wholeheartedly disagree. It's disheartening to see so many people just don't care that they voted a such a great judge out because of slanderous reporting practices.
It's disheartening to me that someone would choose to keep someone on the bench who parties with drug dealers----that he previously prosecuted! The only explanation I can come up with for your stance is that you're related to the man or something!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
It's disheartening to me that someone would choose to keep someone on the bench who parties with drug dealers----that he previously prosecuted! The only explanation I can come up with for your stance is that you're related to the man or something!
Orrrr....

That I don't immediately jump on the "every gov't employee is a lying jerk" bandwagon.

So, he prosecuted the guy? Did he do his time? Was he found not guilty? If either of the above is true, then....what?

I feel so human next to all you perfect people. Lord knows some of my acquaintances wouldn't pass muster. Doesn't say a word about me, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania