Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM

202 posts, read 568,004 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for doctors in Clarks Summit that you can get to see easily and who has a facility that is capable of doing x-rays, blood work etc and one who has a good bed side manner who takes time to listen.

Also needing a good ob gyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausages View Post
Any suggestions for doctors in Clarks Summit that you can get to see easily and who has a facility that is capable of doing x-rays, blood work etc and one who has a good bed side manner who takes time to listen.

There's a Geisinger clinic on E. Grove St. in Clarks Summit, and if its anything like the Gesinger Clinic near Lake Scranton, they do xrays and blood work on site. They also have a pharmacy on site.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM

148 posts, read 265,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausages View Post

I love Dr. Harold Davis for Gyn, in Clarks Summit. He is the nicest human being I have ever met.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
I go to Philly for OB/GYN visits. I would not let one in this area touch me. I got burned big time locally and they are so behind the times here. Nothing cutting edge, not up on new treatments.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
I love Dr. Harold Davis for Gyn, in Clarks Summit. He is the nicest human being I have ever met.
You may want to check his medical record. Nice doesn't mean good and I don't think he is nice at all, quite the contrary.,

Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
I see Dr. Lori Williams in Eynon she is great, I know they can do blood work in the office but, I do not know about x-rays...good luck to you.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
You may want to check his medical record. Nice doesn't mean good and I don't think he is nice at all, quite the contrary.,
You seem like you have an axe to grind with him, his care of me has be above board, timely and always professional.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
You seem like you have an axe to grind with him, his care of me has be above board, timely and always professional.
Check his record. I did after I ran into problems with him and I was shocked to say the least.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I don't have an "axe" to grind. I do however have a need to let people know that they should thoroughly check out with the State Board of Health and the local courts a doctor's background including all legal actions taken against them before they schedule an appointment. I do that now because I learned the hard way. I thought referals from friends and board certification would be enough but it isn't. As I have come to find out it is perfectly acceptable to ask a doctor prior to an appt or an initial consultation how many times they have been sued, how many were settled, and how many judgements against were handed down by the courts as well as what the suits were about. I always check with the state and county first and see if the answers I get from the doctor come anywhere close to what I found out then I wont have anything to do with them.

You only need to get burned once. Luckily for me I lived to learn the lesson. In other instances with doctors (not necessarily a specific reference) the outcome has been catastrophic or worse yet deadly.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
I don't have an "axe" to grind. I do however have a need to let people know that they should thoroughly check out with the State Board of Health and the local courts a doctor's background including all legal actions taken against them before they schedule an appointment. I do that now because I learned the hard way. I thought referals from friends and board certification would be enough but it isn't. As I have come to find out it is perfectly acceptable to ask a doctor prior to an appt or an initial consultation how many times they have been sued, how many were settled, and how many judgements against were handed down by the courts as well as what the suits were about. I always check with the state and county first and see if the answers I get from the doctor come anywhere close to what I found out then I wont have anything to do with them.

You only need to get burned once. Luckily for me I lived to learn the lesson. In other instances with doctors (not necessarily a specific reference) the outcome has been catastrophic or worse yet deadly.
I too check records, but law suits are not always an indication of anything other than we live in a law suit happy nation. I checked his record, and met him, we discussed my concerns and he was very forthcoming, as much as he legally was able to do so.

I have been very happy with being his patient. I will not drive 2-3 hours for an annual pap and pelvic...God forbid, should I need further care, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. If something is wrong with these tests...I will have the lab re-check, because sometimes it is the lab results that lead to improper treatment...just food for thought

Last edited by bloominscranton; 12-15-2009 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania