Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:24 AM

996 posts, read 3,270,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
How can someone who lives in the Poconos say that Moosic is "the most boring town to live in?" Not knocking the Poconos, but I think I can safely say that there is more to do in and around Moosic than there would be living in the middle of the Poconos....
Probably because compared with all the recreation and other activities available in the Pocono area, Moosic is boring little town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,779,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Probably because compared with all the recreation and other activities available in the Pocono area, Moosic is boring little town.
Not so sure about that...Moosic is home to Montage Mountain....skiing, waterpark, professional baseball, concert pavilion, 20 screen movie theater, Shoppes at Montage, restaurants, etc....more than you'll find in that small of an area in the Poconos.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 AM

996 posts, read 3,270,707 times
Quote:
Not so sure about that...Moosic is home to Montage Mountain....skiing, waterpark, professional baseball, concert pavilion, 20 screen movie theater, Shoppes at Montage, restaurants, etc....more than you'll find in that small of an area in the Poconos.
Yea, you're probably right. I've heard about all the people making Montage Mountain in Moosic their vacation destination. LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,779,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Yea, you're probably right. I've heard about all the people making Montage Mountain in Moosic their vacation destination. LOL
I didn't say anything about it being a vacation destination, just that there's quite a bit to do there for a town its size. Likewise, I don't exactly know a lot of people who go to the Poconos for their family vacation. More of a day-trip kind of place.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:11 PM

124 posts, read 293,545 times
just realized how old this thread was

Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 PM

7 posts, read 14,083 times
Quote:
How can someone who lives in the Poconos say that Moosic is "the most boring town to live in?" Not knocking the Poconos, but I think I can safely say that there is more to do in and around Moosic than there would be living in the middle of the Poconos....
I have to admit, that yes, there is A LOT more to do in Moosic than the Poconos. I've been to Moosic, there's stuff within walking distance to residents at the very least. Here, the nearest store is Walmart and it is 8 miles from my house. Also, it's dangerous to walk; last year my sister was hit by a car, walking home from school. I may have mentioned that in mprevious post.

I wouldn't recommend this school, and I wouldn't recommend moving here, unless you don't have kids and don't mind seclusion. o.o Even my mom has had a few spurts of depression from the lonliness of the area. It was gewd when we moved here at first, but after a while its tough...

Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,934 times
I attended Pocono Mountain school district from K-12th and I loved it. I received an excellent education, and even after the school split it was still wonderful. I now attend college and have a 3.9 GPA. I'm not sure where everyone is receiving their false information about how poor or dangerous the school is... Also, I never saw any signs of gangs anywhere, that's just a silly rumor. Sure there are occasional fights... just like in any other school. Middle and highschool was a safe, rewarding experience. As for being prejudiced against people from Jersey or NY, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but yes, traffic and crime and whatnot has certainly gone up from people moving in from those states. I sincerely miss the days when there were less buildings and more trees.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 PM

41 posts, read 211,240 times
Default No pocono country place

I USED TO LIVE THERE AT THE TIME THERE WAS ALOT OF STABBINGS ---IF U LIKE THE CITY U WILL LIKE PCP, BEFORE WE MOVED OUT OF THERE OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAD PEOPLE COME OVE AT ALL TIME A NIGHT WE FIND OUT THEY WHERE RUNNING A PROSTUTION RING....GO TO WAYNE COUNTY ( WLE IS THE BEST COMMUNITY) THE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS TOP NOTCH( WALLENPAUPACK) ****OVERALL WHERE YOU LIVE PLACE IS BEING RUN DOWN (MONROE COUNTY HAS THE HIGHEST FORECLOSURE RATE............

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM

7 posts, read 14,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity55 View Post
I attended Pocono Mountain school district from K-12th and I loved it. I received an excellent education, and even after the school split it was still wonderful. I now attend college and have a 3.9 GPA. I'm not sure where everyone is receiving their false information about how poor or dangerous the school is... Also, I never saw any signs of gangs anywhere, that's just a silly rumor. Sure there are occasional fights... just like in any other school. Middle and highschool was a safe, rewarding experience. As for being prejudiced against people from Jersey or NY, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but yes, traffic and crime and whatnot has certainly gone up from people moving in from those states. I sincerely miss the days when there were less buildings and more trees.
I am receiving my "false knowledge" knowledge from actually attending the school, and having three siblings who also attend. The school is bad. If you went to this school you CERTAINLY heard the PCP gossip, read the articles in the news, or hey, you can even read the post above me for someone with first hand knowledge!... Oh, and what about poor Mike Lacey? An irresponsible driver forgot how to drive and ran him over. Valedictorian dead a week before college at New York State University. Or what about those two students attending the academy that died this summer? Yeah... they didnt just die, they were killed. The area, the crime rate, the school. It's all bad. The only people who don't see this, are the popular ones, the stoned ones, and the dumb ones.

Last edited by AddyBunny; 09-09-2009 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 09-09-2009, 03:32 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,017,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyBunny View Post
I am receiving my "false knowledge" knowledge from actually attending the school, and having three siblings who also attend. The school is bad. If you went to this school you CERTAINLY heard the PCP gossip, read the articles in the news, or hey, you can even read the post above me for someone with first hand knowledge!... Oh, and what about poor Mike Lacey? An irresponsible driver forgot how to drive and ran him over. Valedictorian dead a week before college at New York State University. Or what about those two students attending the academy that died this summer? Yeah... they didnt just die, they were killed. The area, the crime rate, the school. It's all bad. The only people who don't see this, are the popular ones, the stoned ones, and the dumb ones.
what academy are you referring to? i didnt hear about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania