U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM

7,939 posts, read 9,730,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, civilized people will pay to see someone killed.

Pay to see pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, etc killed? Absolutely. Anyone who wouldn't enjoy seeing scum like that get what they deserve is a little off in my opinion. If pedophiles were to get the death penalty or torture, I'd be the first one in line to apply for a job as the executioner.

But you libs are all about saving the criminals, the trees, the whales....but to hell with unborn babies and the safety of our children, right?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 AM

14,571 posts, read 9,013,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Pay to see pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, etc killed? Absolutely. Anyone who wouldn't enjoy seeing scum like that get what they deserve is a little off in my opinion. If pedophiles were to get the death penalty or torture, I'd be the first one in line to apply for a job as the executioner.

But you libs are all about saving the criminals, the trees, the whales....but to hell with unborn babies and the safety of our children, right?
Anyone who would enjoy seeing a HUMAN BEING be KILLED is a little off. That's weird and its a perversion in and of itself.

I'm about HUMAN RIGHTS. Throwing around tired, useless assumptions and party line buzz phrases isn't debating. It's just playing for your team and it's tiresome.

If you have an original thought or dialogue that you'd like to explore, I'm all ears. If I want to hear the "Liberals are murderers" song, I'd tune into Faux News.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM

4,084 posts, read 5,872,615 times
Human rights? Spare me that rhetoric. You commit a crime you pay, you kill you die. Eye for an eye.

Faux news now that is rich. Typical liberal argument...can't answer so you resort to that game, has gotten old on a national level and here as well.

SEE Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, with huge population of Independent voters just elected a conservative to fill a seat held by a democrat for 48 years. A Kennedy seat, have to love it.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Human rights? Spare me that rhetoric. You commit a crime you pay, you kill you die. Eye for an eye.

Faux news now that is rich. Typical liberal argument...can't answer so you resort to that game, has gotten old on a national level and here as well.

SEE Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states, with huge population of Independent voters just elected a conservative to fill a seat held by a democrat for 48 years. A Kennedy seat, have to love it.

You can call it rhetoric all you want. The fact remains that human rights protect you as much as they protect criminals. As someone who is in love with core constitutional rights, you should be at the forefront of protecting EVERY man's rights.

Can't answer what? That we should make a sideshow of killing criminals to cut taxes? Are you honestly suggesting that this is a well thought out, logical answer to cutting crime? What I said was "If I want to hear the "Liberals are murderers" song, I'd tune into Faux News." And it's true. I'm not interested in hearing the oft-trotted out "Liberals suck and are murderers" tripe. It does nothing to further the discourse in this country and serves to split people even more then they already are.

But I guess it's easier and doesn't take any thinking to just use the same ole catchphrases of yore, right?

And the Dem in Mass f'ed up her chances big time. I fail to see what that election has to do with crime rates and/or prevention.

If you have some intelligent policies that you have actually considered, please post them. I'm always up for a thoughtful debate on crime and punishment.

If you are going to continue with the party line stuff though, I'm out.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM

Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 AM

It troubles me that GP and weluvpa would rather engage in a peeing contest instead of having a thoughtful, intelligent conversation about the state of crime in our country and how our justice system can best reverse the upward trend in said crimes.

Oh well...

If anyone here would like to discuss this, I find the topic endlessly fascinating and engrossing.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
GP and weluvpa would rather engage in a peeing contest
I win!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,548,096 times
LMFAO!! bravo!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Excuse me while I step out of the room for a minute. The testosterone is getting a little deep in here.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,127,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania