Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:35 PM

6 posts, read 18,301 times

Advertisements

I asked about winter time because we always winterized trailer for cold months and never used it from December through April. What kind of pipes do you have? We have PVC pipes and we've been told they might crack during winter time.

Also question about heater. I would imagine that heater must be on all the time when you stay there during winter time to provide comfortable heat level inside. How much gas does it take on average? I mean can I stay 3 days with heat burning all days and not run out of one tank of gas. Would it be better to use electrical oil heater in each room?

I would love to spend New Year night there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 PM

21 posts, read 242,744 times
Well, it's been over a year since my first post and have owned my place at Eagle Lake since July 07. I have to say overall I love the place. It's been a pleasant experience as far as the people/neighbors/area. My only problems have been with the management of Eagle Lake. When there is a problem like a water main break...which occurred this summer. We were not notified that our property was without water for over 24 hours.....we arrived, babies in tow at 11 pm one night to find we had no water--and our trailer (which is new-smelled like a skunk because of whatever was backing up from the water main). We had to go to a Hotel in Scranton. The management should call owners of properties that have problems......when I called the management, they told me "it's written on the board" (the board, mind you, is a board at the entrance of Eagle Lake). I told her, I should drive almost 3 hours to read the board?? Well, didn't make sense to me. Now, before I head out, I call to make sure that everything is in working order....Barbara

Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,927,209 times
Do ppl rent places there for the summer? Are there campers there too? Can you rent a site?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

bump

Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 AM

159 posts, read 456,046 times
I have a home in Big Bass Lake and we use the website for important news and updates. I am surprised there isn't a similar setup at Eagle Lake. You should mention this at a board meeting.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM

I'm hoping to get in contact with soemone that is offering a summer rental there. I called the HOA and they said you just have to keep checking back to the website.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM

Is there anyone on the board that lives here or has a place here? I'm just trying to get more insight.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,919 times
I too am looking for a summer rental at EAgle Lake. WE have friends there and would really like to rent a weekend here and there to be with our friends.If anybody out there is interested in renting for the summer of 2009, please let me know.Thanks [email]kCarter@Utendahl.com[/email]

Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlady591 View Post
I too am looking for a summer rental at EAgle Lake. WE have friends there and would really like to rent a weekend here and there to be with our friends.If anybody out there is interested in renting for the summer of 2009, please let me know.Thanks kCarter@Utendahl.com
I've seen a couple popping up on craigslist.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 AM

22 posts, read 125,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlady591 View Post
I too am looking for a summer rental at EAgle Lake. WE have friends there and would really like to rent a weekend here and there to be with our friends.If anybody out there is interested in renting for the summer of 2009, please let me know.Thanks kCarter@Utendahl.com
If you have friends who own in Eagle Lake ask them to check at the community center and the Laundry Room. There are always ads for rentals and this way your friends can check out the trailers for you as they can very in size, condition and location within Eagle Lake which may or may not be important to you. Some places within Eagle are very busy during the summer months or you may want to be within walking distance to the pool, the beach or the clubhouse. Good Luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania