Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,905 times

Advertisements

[quote=Magritte25;15440386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post

I'll take my chances with a fire dept rather than not have one.
Exactly - you will "take your chances".

Some people prefer to depend on city services, others don't and prefer more independent living and the perks that come with it.

Such as:

Owning acreage and enjoying the privacy,
Sitting around a fire pit in the backyard with family and friends,
Enjoying wildlife, deer,black bear,turkeys, hawks, etc.. that frequently pass through the property.
Relaxing with a cold one and watching the river water flow by..

I'll stay in the country, thank you very much.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I love people who complain about society, taxes, etc but reap the benefits of it. LOL
Now you are starting to quote straight from the bleeding heart liberal playbook....LOL

According to your logic, I am not entitled to withdraw any SS when I retire in the future (those monies that the govt forced from me all my working life!!!)

According to your logic, I am not entitled to drive on the roads and bridges in Pa - even though I pay my fair share in gas taxes with every gallon I purchase.

Once again, I have nothing against fair and reasonable taxation (e.g. the 1% local earned income tax I pay).

I am against unreasonably high taxes (e.g. Wilkes-Barre's 3% local earned income tax it imposes on its residents).

What's next Magritte?

Are you going to toss out the latest bleeding heart liberal buzzword and call me a "Xenophobe" and claim that I fear and misunderstand the poor downtrodden crack dealers and criminals running rampant in Wilkes-Barre?

Keep Spinning Darling....

Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
Thread locked for moderator review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania