Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 AM

436 posts, read 954,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Scranton View Post
YES!! Please explain..... I LoveNYPizza?? Sorry I meant Ilovepa.
NY pizza is nothing more than **** on paper plate.

Explain../\,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
New Yawkas think that New Yawk is the center of the universe and that they do everything better than anyone. Must be something in the "wooder" in New Yawk.

Give me a tray of red from Revello's anyday over anything from New Yawk.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
There is a lot of bad pizza in NY and there is also a lot of bad pizza in PA! Its the same as anywhere else.

Usually when someone comes from an area they are accustomed to the food and will usually think that its the best. Everyone likes what they like and it doesn't matter if they are from NY or anywhere else!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:57 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
NY pizza is nothing more than **** on paper plate.

Explain../\,
Expanation......'A' poster 'insinuated' that Scranton doesn't know anything about Hookah bars. As if some decendant of a Slovak Coal Miner had opened one. (I'm allowed to say this..my grandfather was one!) Merely trying to point out that the people who opened the Hookah Bar know everything there is to know about a Hookah Bar.

And while some 'older' people think that Scranton can never embrace ethnicity and something a little different...I remain hopeful that they are wrong. I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda girl.

Hence....VERY unlike some of the people who open pizza places in Pa. FlyerNation....trust me...when the pizza thread starts, as it usually does every now and then...I'm pissing people off (not intentionally, of course )with my opinion of PA pizza.

My negative comments are centered around moderators and PA pizza. Case closed.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:

Glad to see I've managed to keep your sense of humor alive

Old 04-29-2010, 08:34 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
New Yawkas think that New Yawk is the center of the universe and that they do everything better than anyone. Must be something in the "wooder" in New Yawk.

Give me a tray of red from Revello's anyday over anything from New Yawk.
NY is the center of the universe.

Also, i know Kandahari and I wish him the Best. These Guys are Afgan Immigrants who have come to this country and are living the True American Dream.

They don't let circumstances beyond their control limit their goals, unlike some people. Some people talk a big game but are still living in their own little tormented sad life.

These guys come from a place that needs to explanation of how tough life is and yet are trying to make something happen. Kudos to them!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
NY is the center of the universe.

Also, i know Kandahari and I wish him the Best. These Guys are Afgan Immigrants who have come to this country and are living the True American Dream.

They don't let circumstances beyond their control limit their goals, unlike some people. Some people talk a big game but are still living in their own little tormented sad life.

These guys come from a place that needs to explanation of how tough life is and yet are trying to make something happen. Kudos to them!
I hope this place does make it...something different in Scranton besides the old dive bars and pizza places. I'm kind of curious to try it, but as an ex-smoker, I'm afraid that smoking anything might send me back to cigarettes...

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Expanation......'A' poster 'insinuated' that Scranton doesn't know anything about Hookah bars.
If you walked the streets of this city and asked people what a hookah was I would be surprised if more then 10% know, never mind a hookah bar, they'll think its a new dance club/bar in the downtown. Lets be honest here, I never said the owners knew anything about, I would assume they did. Its the demographic of the area, coors light, dive bars and high school football rain supreme.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
If you walked the streets of this city and asked people what a hookah was I would be surprised if more then 10% know, never mind a hookah bar, they'll think its a new dance club/bar in the downtown. Lets be honest here, I never said the owners knew anything about, I would assume they did. Its the demographic of the area, coors light, dive bars and high school football rain supreme.
That may be the case in your neighborhood but it is not the entire region.

People want something different than a regular Irish Bar.

At the very least, these are young guys, from the Middle East who are in the US, doing what the US is known for.....Providing anyone the opportunity to succeed.

They are providing a venue that opens up the minds of more sheltered NEPA residents who otherwise only see Middle Easterners depicted as terror suspects and gives them a glimpse into their rich culture. I'd say they are providing a very necessary service to the region. They are leading by example.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I never said that you said that they didn't.

10% ??? I think you're dead wrong on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania