Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM

20 posts, read 72,626 times

Advertisements

Thanks Delway for the information.
Most locations seems to change over the years.
I can't recall to many locations that remain the same over generations.

Regarding the schools in Monroe county.
Can anyone comment which have good reputations and which ones bad.
I have been trying to investiage this aspect...and it seems the information in not all that open.
If some districts are good, please inform why or bad and the reasons.
I currently don't have any kids, but that can always change down the road.

thanks for any additional information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Summering,
You can have the racetrack issues using Route 115. Don’t they have a race this holiday weekend?
You are right about the Scotrun area (Swiftwater would also work). From these areas you can take Route 611 south (towards Tannersville) and you have a quick ramp onto Route 80. You will avoid five stoplights and some congestion before you get on Route 80 at Bartonsville.
darkstarpa,
Here is another forum that might help you: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Introduce yourself and ask them.
I have to note that in the 8 years I have lived off of 115 in the Brodheadsville area....we get very little in extra traffic race weekends.
This might seem surprising,it was even surprising to me! But, the traffic does stay up more towards the Harmony, Long Pond area. The exception is people who might go to the grocery stores for extras for company, or for their campers. ( thus, we do get some extra travelers)
Yes, race this weekend........so areas around the race track......avoid.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 04:50 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Summering,
Ever year our traffic gets worse - we turn more into the city that many flocked to this area to escape. The problem is that the cities (that our transplants came from) had better planning to deal with their traffic. We are great at studying and planning - but we fail at seeing projects to completion. Do you remember the push for a Route 209 bypass for Brodheadsville? The Marshals Creek bypass will be done someday - however; it has been a very long road to completion. The Park Service on 209 basically shut down any improvements above the Marshals Creek bypass. I could go on; the new weight restrictions on our bridges get me going. I just don’t see progress in our area.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:02 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Your right fisheye......I myself came over the border to PA....16 years ago. I had family here and I certainly wanted that " more space" and " less crowdedness"......
It still is quite beautiful here but yes we could use a better traffic plan.....We seem to start, and not finish.......

Old 06-04-2010, 02:22 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Your right fisheye......I myself came over the border to PA....16 years ago. I had family here and I certainly wanted that " more space" and " less crowdedness"......
It still is quite beautiful here but yes we could use a better traffic plan.....We seem to start, and not finish.......
Summering,
Today we had two “local” visitors to remind us that we haven’t become a city - a three hundred pound black bear and a fifteen pound snapping turtle. We see deer all the time. Bear are usually uncommon for us to see (perhaps once a year). This was the first time that we had a snapping turtle - perhaps it was looking for a place to lay it’s eggs? I relocated the turtle to a swampy area next to our house and I still have all my fingers!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
There is No ""Good "" Community

Old 06-05-2010, 02:12 PM

20 posts, read 72,626 times
After doing some research, it seems Pocono Mountain School district is a complete and utter disaster for obvious reasons if you look into the figures enough.
Pleasant Valley seems to be the best overall for other obvious reasons.
Little shocked at how awful Pocono District is these days. you would think that people in command there could do something about the situation.
Still investigating East Stroundburgs district..seems okay, but not great.
Stroundsburg seems to be a second tier system too!

Old 10-31-2010, 06:04 PM

5 posts, read 22,852 times
I was told by my realtor that the pocono mountain east system was good but to stay away from pocono mountain west and the stroudsburg school systems. She also informed us that the pleasant valley system was good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania