Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,321,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momookie View Post
I am not driving to work under any circumstance, I actually just wanted to know how long it's going to take to get to the train station (Broad Run)--in my original post I said, "I am more than likely going to take the VRE from Broad Run to L'Enfant, but am trying to figure out how long it will take me to get to the VRE Station if I left house before 7:00 a.m. (I assume I will take 15 to 55 to 619 to 28, but is it better to just get on I-66 at that time of a.m.??) "

I already have the VRE train schedule, so don't need to know how long the train ride is. Can anyone actually tell me just about the commute to the train station?
Good 20-30 minutes. You need to walk to the train as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,224,202 times
and then however long between the train and your office. So allowing 2 hours each way is probably about right.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:36 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,607,716 times
Quote:
I am not driving to work under any circumstance, I actually just wanted to know how long it's going to take to get to the train station (Broad Run)--in my original post I said, "I am more than likely going to take the VRE from Broad Run to L'Enfant, but am trying to figure out how long it will take me to get to the VRE Station if I left house before 7:00 a.m. (I assume I will take 15 to 55 to 619 to 28, but is it better to just get on I-66 at that time of a.m.??) "

I already have the VRE train schedule, so don't need to know how long the train ride is. Can anyone actually tell me just about the commute to the train station?
Thanks for the clarification but I think everyone assumed that you already had a train schedule...our posts were in relation to another poster saying that it would take an hour and 15 minutes. It won't.

CAV seems spot on with 20 or so minutes to the train station and then walking to the train. So yeah drive to the station then train time then Metro or walk to your office. Add that up and its looking like an hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 AM

309 posts, read 827,798 times
The lanes going eastbound on 66 will be open later this summer so I would imagine that getting on 66 will be a lot faster than traveling 55 to Linton Hall Rd. I actually timed how long it took us to get from the corner of 15 and 55 last Friday night taking 66 and it was almost 15 minutes to get to my house which is located off Linton Hall/Sudley Manor. I would estimate at the time of the morning it would be closer to 30-35. Not sure where in Haymarket you live, but getting to 66 can be time consuming.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:40 PM

8 posts, read 42,492 times
Thanks. My office is only 5 mins from L'Enfant, so this doesn't seem like it will be too bad. My hubby's job is out that way, so the move out there was the best thing for us. And if it is under 1:45, which it seems like it will be, I can manage.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,613,983 times
Quote:
Thanks. My office is only 5 mins from L'Enfant, so this doesn't seem like it will be too bad. My hubby's job is out that way, so the move out there was the best thing for us. And if it is under 1:45, which it seems like it will be, I can manage.
Sheesh! I couldnt imagine a 1 hr 45 min. commute (each way!)...... I feel for ya!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:53 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,224,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebyrd86 View Post
Sheesh! I couldnt imagine a 1 hr 45 min. commute (each way!)...... I feel for ya!
I had a 55 minute commute and negotiated to work from home almost everyday. You might give that a shot to preserve your sanity. With a 3-4 hour a day round trip you're going to burn out pretty fast.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:58 PM

230 posts, read 1,214,638 times
Quote:
I just bought a house in Haymarket and move-in this fall; my job is in DC.
Oh ma goodness...is it too late to get out of that deal if you haven't moved in yet?
If your husband's job is out that way, you can move half-way closer to DC, and he can have a nice reverse commute.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 PM

487 posts, read 1,357,012 times
i guess from broad run VRE station you are looking at about 30 to 35 mins to Haymarket. It wont be a bad drive. Plus you will be all relaxed from your nap on the VRE.

Plus I heard they may extend the VRE line out your way in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia