U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM

12 posts, read 53,808 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are interested in making an offer on a starter single family home in the Belmont Ridge (I) Subdivision off of Belmont Ridge Rd and Hay Rd. in Ashburn. It outwardly appears that lawns are well manicured and neighbors were social. I'll be working from home full time and would like to feel fairly secure with my surroundings. The school pyramid is Belmont Station, Belmont Ridge, and Stone Bridge - no kids yet, but hopefully in our future. We have one dog who rules the roost, so any dog-related info on the area is appreciated too!

We fell in love with Ashburn as a whole, but any advice on this specific subdivision or area of town would be helpful.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,645,845 times
I don't know much about that subdivision, but the Ashburn branch of the Loudoun County Public Library is on Hay Road, on the other side of Claiborne Parkway from Stone Bridge High. It's a great place, always packed, free wi-fi, lots of activities (and not just for kids). They don't have a lot on hand in the stacks but you can request a book online from another branch and get it brought to your branch fairly quickly. Also, if you stay there until you do have kids in high school, Stone Bridge is one of the more desired LoCo high schools (if you're still zoned for Stone Bridge - and even being in sight of a school is no guarantee - but the LCPS boundary process is a kooky topic for its own thread and I don't want to derail yours.)

Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,825,081 times
This is your lucky day, we've had quite a few threads on this subdivision over the years. Use the search function and you should find a bountiful amount of information.

I don't have personal experience with Belmont Ridge, but as I recall almost all of the threads were positive. Hope that helps!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM

12 posts, read 53,808 times
Thanks for the tip, but I'm only finding threads related to the road and not the subdivision...help!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 PM

989 posts, read 2,474,286 times
I have friends in that neighborhood. The only downside I see with that subdivision is that I don't believe they have the amenities similar to some other neighborhoods in Ashburn (no pool, no tennis courts, no walking trails). Obviously you could utilize Ashburn Farm trails and tennis courts...

Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,372,412 times
It's a cute area. I live down the street. I believe they get to se the Ashburn Farm pools...to which we have 3. And 2 or 3 parks. I live on the corner of Claiborne and Hay so literally down the street from where you want to buy. Ashburn in general has a very safe reputation.

Good luck! And the library is great! What's nice too is you will be close to everything...Goose Creek shopping will be in your back yard once it is completed, you will be minutes from Brambleton. Minutes from Wegmans and the new development there on 7 going towards Leesburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia