Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:22 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times

Advertisements

See, now, I'm bothered by that assumption, that "diverse" groups can't do well in school.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv101010 View Post
Front Royal is a good run down hillbilly hell area which it sounds like you would enjoy. Most of the locals really never had done anything with their lives and hang around collecting welfare. For major shopping you have to drive to Winchester which is about 20 minutes away. As for the commute to NOVA its not too bad as traffic doesn't start until to get to Manassas. So 41 of you 60 mile commute is smooth sailing until EVERYTHING bottlenecks at manassas. Good luck with your search we were in a neighboring town called Middletown the other day and my fiance walked out of a 7/11 and said "it was all white people working there". Schools are also some of the worst in VA. So you pay in different ways to not be around "diverse" people.

In my opinon it's not worth it, it shouldn't matter what "kind" of people you live around as long as they're not harrassing or bothering you. Try thinking about that.
Wow. What a way to cut down an entire area. I work out by Front Royal. It's got it's fair share of "different" people but to call everyone a hillbilly is uncalled for.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
I would agree that the original post was not the friendliest introduction to this forum. Nonetheless, I decided to give the OP an honest answer under the assumption that s/he was serious.

Granted, he wouldn't be the first one to embark on a WV commute down to this region although he'd be putting on some serious mileage getting here from ID or UT.

While the overall constructive comments have been appreciated, I don't see the tone of this thread improving.

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia