Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,914 times

Advertisements

I can't afford to live where most of you live. You regularly recommend places with "diverse" populations. Well, do the opposite for me. I want a total lack of diversity.

I want good quality of life.

"Good quality of life" is white liberal code for "a place with few minorities." So we'll say I'm looking for a place with "good quality of life" that is affordable.

I'm tired of walking into Costco and thinking I've traveled to a Middle Eastern bazaar.

Where within the vicinity of Northern Virginia can one find "good quality of life" without spending $800,000 on a house?

Warrenton? Front Royal? Winchester?

How far does one have to go? At this point I'm willing to put up with a 90 minute commute to have "good quality of life."

I'm also willing to relocate to West Virginia, Idaho, Utah, wherever I have to in order to have "good quality of life."

Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,116,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtracNY4L View Post
I'm willing to put up with a 90 minute commute to have "good quality of life". I'm also willing to relocate to West Virginia, Idaho, Utah.
I'd suggest Idaho or Utah but you're going to need a really fast car.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,710,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I'd suggest Idaho or Utah but you're going to need a really fast car.
Note that the OP did not state where the 90 minute commute was TO -- just that it was a 90 minute commute.

I would recommend Utah or perhaps Wyoming.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:24 PM

313 posts, read 548,999 times
"Good quality of life" is white liberal code for "a place with few minorities." So we'll say I'm looking for a place with "good quality of life" that is affordable.

I hear the property surrounding the home of David Duke offers great places to escape those pesky minorities...It's a pretty cheap place to live too. You'll fit right in.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 AM

26,678 posts, read 41,512,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtracNY4L View Post
I can't afford to live where most of you live. You regularly recommend places with "diverse" populations. Well, do the opposite for me. I want a total lack of diversity.

I want good quality of life.

I'm tired of walking into Costco and thinking I've traveled to a Middle Eastern bazaar.

Where within the vicinity of Northern Virginia can one find "good quality of life" without spending $800,000 on a house?

Warrenton? Front Royal? Winchester?

How far does one have to go? At this point I'm willing to put up with a 90 minute commute to have "good quality of life."

I'm also willing to relocate to West Virginia, Idaho, Utah, wherever I have to in order to have "good quality of life."
Well I would recommend my Louisville exurbs, but more than a 90 minute commute and we have some of that "diversity" thing here also (contrary to the beliefs of some on this forum.)

If this is actually a serious question then don't even bother staying in Northern VA b/c there isnt any.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM

989 posts, read 2,843,122 times
The Shenandoah Valley has some places that the Confederate flag is flown more often than the American flag. In fact, I think I saw a nice quonset hut (aptly named "The Compound) last time I was down there.

I will refrain from any additional comment on this subject for now, although I would LOVE to go further...

Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,899,395 times
This thread makes me sad.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:17 AM

8,968 posts, read 21,050,255 times
Being that Northern Virginia is next to the Nation's Capital and essentially the job engine of the region, it is natural that a diverse population from around the country and the world would choose to settle here. Generally speaking, anyone with the economic means seems to be welcome in any community, no matter what their ethnic/racial background. Some people take the experience as an opportunity to learn about different cultures without having to hop on a plane. Of course, others' mileage may vary.

Assuming you are intent on living in Northern Virginia, we would need additional information such as your preferred housing budget and your work destination. Warrenton, Front Royal and Winchester may be a good start - albeit not necessarily exclusively what you may be looking for - but without satellite radio or audio books, it would indeed be a hellish commute to most major job centers including DC itself.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,155,269 times
Don't feed the [thread].

Last edited by bmwguydc; 07-22-2010 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: The t-word is construed as an attack, so let's not use it, please. Thank you.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,116,672 times
I think this thread was a "hit and run" probably not worth devoting any more time to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia