U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 AM

32 posts, read 100,456 times

Advertisements

We are soon moving into the Oakton area and our local school (Waples Mill) has SACC waitlists both before and after school. I assume that the before school waitlist is due to the late school start time after 9AM. We won't get into either AM or PM SACC for a very long time. What sort of before school care and after school care are available with transportation to/from Waples Mill ES? I know about Mt Kim Karate. Need to know if there are any other options ASAP.
Also would be interested in after-school childcare options at Fox Mill ES.

Thanks so much-- moving a family to FC from oveseas in August is not easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 AM

5,959 posts, read 6,319,761 times
If you call the school, they may be able to give you the name of providers in your area.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,160,189 times
Child Care Programs in Fairfax County*- Fairfax County, Virginia

Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,112,458 times
Most of the day care centers provide before/after child care with transportation. I don't know which ones serve those two schools but you can also ask that if you call them. Part of it is what type of care do you want, a day care program or a smaller, in home provider.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat123 View Post
We are soon moving into the Oakton area and our local school (Waples Mill) has SACC waitlists both before and after school. I assume that the before school waitlist is due to the late school start time after 9AM. We won't get into either AM or PM SACC for a very long time. What sort of before school care and after school care are available with transportation to/from Waples Mill ES? I know about Mt Kim Karate. Need to know if there are any other options ASAP.
Also would be interested in after-school childcare options at Fox Mill ES.

Thanks so much-- moving a family to FC from oveseas in August is not easy!
Have you tried Mt Kim Karate program? please let me know what you think? my child will attend to Waples this fall. THanks!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,482,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AANugent View Post
Have you tried Mt Kim Karate program? please let me know what you think? my child will attend to Waples this fall. THanks!
There are several child care centers in the Oakton area. And many of them also have school buses to pick up kids from the school. Kindercare (in Oakton) picks up kids after school from Waples Mill and Oakton Elementary schools.

Mt Kim teaches Tae Kwon Do; not Karate. Their TKD program is good but I would not want to send a young kid for Tae Kwon Do five days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia